The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best place for an exhaust..?

Ali C

Im sure this has been covered a million times but im looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my N/A, and im just woundering where the best place (cheapest) is to buy one...? Im looking something thats not too loud but gives off a nice pearrrrrr

Cheers [COOL][/COOL]

Im sure this has been covered a million times but im looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my N/A, and im just woundering where the best place (cheapest) is to buy one...? Im looking something thats not too loud but gives off a nice pearrrrrr

Cheers [COOL][/COOL]

Cheapest would be a stock one or a used one off someone here willing to give one away for next to nothing (or nothing ;) )

If you want a new one the XS power exhausts seem to be a good deal, they're not too noisy and members here seem to be happy with the build and fitment, of course they are much cheaper than most Japanese stuff.

I don't know any that produce pears tho!

Go for a HKS Silent Hi-Power from whifbitz (specific NA version). Not mega-cheap but you get what you pay for.

Got one on my NA and I'm very impressed with the sound - not as bad as the Nur Spec R I had before hand in terms of droning etc. but still sounds nice and throaty on throttle and 'purrs' at idle. Won't get any unwanted attention from the boys in blue either...

Not mega-cheap but you get what you pay for.

Not cheap by any means, but agree mostly with what you say. They are a quailty exhaust along with many of the other options out there. The only mistake to make would be to choose one designed for the TT as they would be extremely loud on an NA.

Blitz Nur Spec S is an NA specific exhaust. I have it on mine. It retains the split piping. Its quiet on tick over but gets to a nice deep note higher up the revs yet is not overly load, just nice. No problems with droning on long journies either:)

So it looks like its between the nur-spec s and hks silent hi-power..? Do you have any pic's guys of them fitted? Thats another thing i have been looking at is the way the hks sits, am i right in saying that the hks sits at an angle where as the nur-spec sits striaght?

So it looks like its between the nur-spec s and hks silent hi-power..? Do you have any pic's guys of them fitted? Thats another thing i have been looking at is the way the hks sits, am i right in saying that the hks sits at an angle where as the nur-spec sits striaght?

Erm, the silent Hi-power isn't as the name suggests, it's bloody loud on the ones I've heard. For gods sake don't go for a recommendation on the basis of one persons feedback (no offence Stevo, you'll know what I mean)

Both the HKS and Nur have an angled exit.

Erm, the silent Hi-power isn't as the name suggests, it's bloody loud on the ones I've heard. For gods sake don't go for a recommendation on the basis of one persons feedback (no offence Stevo, you'll know what I mean)

Both the HKS and Nur have an angled exit.

Thanks for that, Im not going on anyones basis as of yet simply trying to find out which exhaust is going to suit me. Thats the worst thing about chosing an exhaust is not knowing excatly how loud its gonna be.!

I suppose i could get a small convoy, my friend has a mkiii supra, neighbour has a decent spec skyline, a few local boys have a 550bhp supra and then there is the mysterious 1000BHP supra that is owned by a local however i dont know him...!

I have the HKS Silent Hi Power on my na and have had the second cat removed and am very pleased with it. It is def not quiet by any means but i do like the sound (a lot :D) and personally I dont think it is annoying on long journeys etc but I suppose it depends on what certain people class as being too loud

I have the HKS Silent Hi Power on my na and have had the second cat removed and am very pleased with it. It is def not quiet by any means but i do like the sound (a lot :D) and personally I dont think it is annoying on long journeys etc but I suppose it depends on what certain people class as being too loud

I have exactly the same and it is just right IMO for the NA. The NA specific HKS comes with a middle box as well as the backbox.

• 2 months later...

Hi people,

I was searching through some posts and threads about selecting the right exhaust and yes I would like an exhaust thats not too loud, blowing people's minds away at 5am or attracting unwanted attention from the boys in blue. I was looking at this website from Japspeed and its dirt cheap! but is it good enough for my NA?

comments please

Im not too sure on powerflow now... i had one of those on my wee saxo and although the sounds was amazin the worksmanship done on the exhaust wasnt the best!

well, I had a look on their website and did a search and found the following link: http://www.xs-power.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=211

What do you think? its a 3", but think Homer said quite a few people in here are pretty satisfied with it. I thought about powerflow exhausts as well. for that japspeed exhaust, it will cost me 299.00 incl vat and shipping! you don't get any cheaper than that..

The XS power job off ebay may be about your cheapest option,i think.

I have the envy gt made by 5zigen

Very good exhaust at a reasonable price

Didn't notice this had been posted pubically, so will post the PM's I sent to you:

They've been mentioned a few times, it's just the usual knock off Chinese copy stuff.

I've not seen one of these exhausts first hand, but the XS power one is a tried and tested one for around the same price. I'd never buy stuff like this personally anymore but the XS cat back seems to be well made for the price.

It's still too short a time that this sort of thing has been on the market to know if they last; but if you are after a cheap new exhaust that has at least a couple of years use in it, the XS one is a known quantity.

They are fairly noisy, though this is a very much a personal opinion dependant on what you are used to! In my opinion it's in the lower-mid range in terms of noise level. It sounds nice, a little raspy but not over the top. On an NA it will be pretty noisy, but nothing like the mainstream Japanese performance exhausts (which can be unbelievably loud on an NA).

For info, it is nothing like a TRD exhaust, they just made that bit up (there's actually a genuine TRD exhaust for sale on the forum right now, see posts from dash rendar.

The 4 inch is pointless on an NA, thats only needed for seriously high power turbo cars. A 4 inch pipe would actually decrease power on the NA as there would be almost no back pressure and it'd screw up the exhaust resonance. Even 3 inch is huge overkill.