The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Repair work finally started (pics)

Fearless

Finally getting my car sorted, it's been off the road since November see this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=170141 after some one drove into the back of it while stationary at red lights.

The work is being carried out at http://www.hiltonaccidentrepair.co.uk A well know member on here who works there is going to be sending me photo's of the work in progress.

As almost half the car is going to need re-spraying as a result of the accident I thought I would take the opportunity to get the rest of the body work tided up and pay for the remaining half to be sprayed at the same time.

DSCN9947.JPG

DSCN9948.JPG

DSCN9949 (2).JPG

DSCN9952 (2).JPG

DSCN9955 (2).JPG

DSCN9956 (2).JPG

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck with it. Nice car you have there.

Are you keeping the TRD spoiler? I think i prefer it to the Chargespeed one.

Thank you :)

It's actually a RMM spoiler (very similar to the TRD) but yes I hated the huge chargespeed spoiler and will be keeping the RMM one and the JDL front

Why not keep the chargespeed front Fearless?

For one thing it stuck out about 9 inches further and made it a bugger to park (kerbs) and a PIA over speed bumps but I would have lived with it except that I tore most of it off on a grass verge on a track day last year when I strayed off the track a little way.

Sorry about the rubbish pictures, I will try to email you lots though.

So far so good, all the glass is now out and panels off (except doors and tailgate, they will be done later.)

Must say im very impressed with the amount of sound deadening in the car, certainly no corners cut there.

We keep Steve updated so he can update this thread as he see's fit.

Jon

Im getting really excited, feel like its my car while its with me and am checking on it at least twice a day at the moment as its been worked on constantly for the last few days.

Don't tell the owners of the other cars waiting to be put back together.

Lets hope all goes well tomorrow :)

Coming on nicely now (picture quality getting better too :) )

Still looking for some inspiration on the colour, it is very "too fast to furious" in that orange and I am looking for something not quite so garish any one on here good with photoshop ?

Ill have a crack mate. give me an example of the colour you want and a large resolution good quality image of yours and it should be ok.

Ill have a crack mate. give me an example of the colour you want and a large resolution good quality image of yours and it should be ok.

Wow thanks, I really am open to ideas but did originally want it lime green (colour of the Porche in the opening sequence of top gear) but not so sure now :shrug: I have gone off the orange because all the buses round here are that shade of orange along with the TNT lorrys and RAC vans ..........

Would be nice to see what it looks like in yellow, red, grey, electric blue .............

Picture 002.jpg