The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello all

rich_supra

Hi,

Just recently got rid of my scooby and picked up an import supra. its a manual N/A in black with a veilside bodykit its in mint condition its done 53,000 miles and not a dent on it.

I own a tuning garage in west sussex called GT-Developments so I have got plenty of plans for it performance wise.

My first hurdle with the supra was the baby seat fitting problem.

My Second hurdle was what to do about fitting a sub.

Im torn between 2 initial stage 1 options for the performance which i havnt decided on yet.

1) 2JZ-GTE

2) 1JZ soarer engine from which i will get a full doner car.

I would also like to convert the 5-speed manual and drop a 6-speed manual box in its place.

I look forward to chatting to all of you.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

hi yer ive read quite alot of coments about these kits. its not my fav kit but it came with car. and i agree looks better in black. who knows new kit when got some spare ££££'s but engine conversion first. big money to spend on getting this car to around 500bhp to start.

nowerdays as long as the car is tidy i prefer spending money on performance lol.

thanks for all the welcomes

if your aiming for 500, imo regarding the engine and geerbox you will be wanting to ditch the 5 speed as soon as. 400-450 is about the accepted limit. But with these its the torque that kills them more than anything. The 6 speed is the obvious replacement but they are difficult to come by and expensive when you do.

The 1jz has been done and people like it as its revier but in my opinion you cant beat the 2jz :) After all its what the supra is famous for.

400 on a TT is easy to get to and quite "cheep". But you wont get to 500 on stock twins unless you have NOS or something.

500 is a small single, Or a big single on low boost :eyebrows:

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Dont get rid of the kit, it looks great. Besides, the Do luck front has become the common cheap looking front for the Supra. If it's 500hp you're looking for, a single Garrett GT35R turbo will give you this and more (Maybe approaching 600).

It is worth going for the 6 speed to start with, as it will cope well with just about anything you care to give it. My Supra seems to be similar to what you're after, and i'd be happy to take you out for a drive in mine if you're ever in the area.