The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jic Ltd

martynb

I was hoping somebody else might have heard and done this post but they havent so far...

I received the sad news yesterday that Tim at JIC had a serious stroke about 12 weeks ago and has had to leave the business. His partner is out of the country a lot and so the decision has been made to close down the business. They have asked us to remove links and take the banner down from http://www.supras.co.uk. All existing warranties are with a third party company so all mechanical issues will be handled by the third party.

Naturally Im sure we all wish Tim the best in his recovery, JIC has been a great source of information and supras for many members on here and to lose Tim and JIC is a great shame.

If I hear any more I will let people know.

regards

JB

Tis a great shame - an excellent source of quality Supras has dried up. Athough I didn't buy from them it was on their site that I saw my first pic of an Aerotop, and it was that pic that convinced me it was what I wanted.

(without wishing to be too vulture-y has anyone enquired about all the noses, side skirts, spoilers, etc, they offered on their site? I don't know if these were made or ordered each time but perhaps they have some stock. I believe one of their noses was unique to them - they were the only ones selling it).

Card is an excellent idea :thumbs:

Yup big shame, I remember just how many times I kept going back to their website and having a look through all the stock back when I was looking at getting my car. I met Tim and Steve from JIC when buying my car and spoke to them both on the phone several times. I don't think any other company can possibly claim to have had as many Supra's in stock as JIC at any one time.

We should definately send a card or something on behalf of the board.

I’ve been in contact with Tim over the last weeks and phoned Tim yesterday and spoke to him at length.

He suffered a stroke back in December and he is currently confined to a wheelchair, although he is able to walk a little each day. The long-term prognosis for Tim is that he needs to relax, take it easy and recover without any stress. He decided the business could not continue after Steve left to follow up a business opportunity in Oman, John was struggling on his own. Long term Tim hopes to sell the house and get a boat, the doctors a doubtful he will ever be fit enough for that in the future, but that remains his dream.

I feel a bit torn, I knew Tim well and am sad what’s happened, but I’m also a bit gutted that the last time they had my car in at JIC in mid December, the garage (Woodfords) dropped it off the ramp and smashed a brand new Veilside nose. JIC were in the process of obtaining a replacement (at their expense) that I will never see now. I know Tims business in is the red after selling off their existing stock of vehicles. I suppose I could pursue it with Woodfords, but since they were working for JIC at the time I’m not sure where I stand. Ho Hum, maybe I ‘ll have to speak to Dude to see if he can sort out a repair for me.

Guest Mike Leavy

Really shocked to hear the news.

Got my Supe from JIC only last Sept and they were really helpful.

Check out their site often and was puzzled as to what happened.

They will be missed!