The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoilers....

Guest willismaximus

Guest willismaximus

I have a question, I am considering going Spoilerless and just wondered what peoples opinions are on this out of curiosity more than anything else.

Personally I like the look and from a performance point of view I can’t see it making a huge difference as I’ve only got an N/A and it’s limited to 110mph anyway so it’s not exactly in desperate need of the downforce, if I had a TT and was planning lots of power and the occasional track day (Which I’m sure I will a year or two down the line somewhere when I have the money for such a venture) then yes I’m fairly sure I’d actually NEED a spoiler. But as many peeps on this forum regularly point out, there’s only a very limited amount of tuning you can do to the N/A engine so I figure why fight it and just use it as an excuse to go for a look that I like instead.

Opinions are invited because that’s kind of the point of the post really….

And yes, this sort of post has been done before but according to the "Similar Threads" programme on the site, it hasn't been done since 2007 so i thought maybe peoples opinions have changed or maybe people who are newer to the site etc may like to express their opinion.....

Guest willismaximus

Yeah, mines stock at the minute, i'm planning on removing the spoiler and putting a kit on at the same time.... just not sure which one to go for as i need stock-like ground clearance to get into my carpark at home :(

Guest willismaximus
Don't add a kit...... but if you must go OEM (like I did). My car was stock but never had a spoiler. Transformation pics in my garage if you're interested.

Think i'll have to have a looksy

....Just had a peak, i like it..... think thats the way to go

Edited by willismaximus (see edit history)

I liked the stock spoiler on my previous supra that had a stock body, but since getting the new car with a trial rear i prefer it spoilerless. The trial 'beefs' out the rear imo so can pull it off. I also love the shape and curve of the boot from behind which i feel is lost when the spoiler is on.

The Ridox carbon spoiler that flows along the boot lid i would like though :)

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

Guest willismaximus

Yeah, i think you'd have to be on a track giving it some serious abuse for a spoiler to make any noticeable difference really.

I looked at the trial kit, do quite like it... just not sure what other options are out there as far as the kits go because i have to be so careful of ground clearance, i mean i push my luck going into the carpark now and it's stock!!!! hence the suspension won't be getting dropped until i've maoved house sometime this year.

Any suggestions and links to nice kits would be handy....

also, anyone know what a reasonable price for spray and fitting would be?!?!?!?!

Despoilering is marmite.

As good as the supra looks, the stock front end is dated now and a nice tidy kit can restore and improve upon the original looks. The Ridox kit for example is brilliant or going tits out the Top Secret kit is stunning as well.

Unless your a purist nut then crack on, at the end of the day its your car.

Just dont turn it into a dog.

I suspect most opinions are the same as those in the threads you decided to find but ignore but that's your choice.

Why not take the spoiler off you car and decide what you think, it takes 2 minutes, if you like it then take steps to do it properly, if you don't bolt it back on.

Personally I think a standard Supra needs a spoiler.

I suspect most opinions are the same as those in the threads you decided to find but ignore but that's your choice.

you make me laugh:rlol:

Anyway I guess the general opinion is if you are kitting it up then its an option, without a kit its generally thought of as a no, leave it on.

Edited by supra_aero (see edit history)

Guest willismaximus

Why not take the spoiler off you car and decide what you think, it takes 2 minutes, if you like it then take steps to do it properly, if you don't bolt it back on.

Personally I think a standard Supra needs a spoiler.

Think i'll whip it off this weekend to have a little look, the plan won't be to leave it standard though, just need to figure out what kit i can get away with for the ground clearance issue...