The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mufler or not

fruity_south

mufler or not  

13 members have voted

1. 1. mufler or not

• with muffler
    • without

monday morning when starting the car the house 3 doors down from us car alarm went off (i might add his car is in a garage and its not an overly sensitive alarm) so after lots of thinking (about 5 mins worth) i put the mufler on my nur-spec r exhaust. im un decided weither i prefer the sound or not so i thought i would put it to a vote, those who own nur-specs or simular do you prefer it with the mufler or without. might also add it has now stoped to rear of the cars interior ratteling around.

Is your N/A decatted? As it would be a lot louder than a decatted TT using the same exhaust IIRC.

I also don't think you won't suffer from a drop in performance that much, as the TT needs to breathe to get the best out of it.

I think a decatted N/A would sound quite nice with the muffler in personally. :)

EDIT: Mine's a decatted TT with a Nur-Spec, it sounds great IMO, and I also still have the muffler, but have never used it.

I think my exhaust is a Blitz one, I think it probably sounds better without the muffler only becuase it rattles after a bit soon after I screw it in. But to be honest the whole noisey exhaust thing is starting to feel a bit passé,if only becuase I think it annoys people late at night and early in the morning.

monday morning when starting the car the house 3 doors down from us car alarm went off (i might add his car is in a garage and its not an overly sensitive alarm) so after lots of thinking (about 5 mins worth) i put the mufler on my nur-spec r exhaust. im un decided weither i prefer the sound or not so i thought i would put it to a vote, those who own nur-specs or simular do you prefer it with the mufler or without. might also add it has now stoped to rear of the cars interior ratteling around.

you may not have a choice mate when the neighbours get p*ssed off, phone the council and you end up with a noise abbaitment order or a fine for anti-social behaviour :D