The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No Heat Thru Vents

p111ddy

Can anyone give me some advise on what to do please?

I started my car up yesterday & left it for 7mins to clear the ice of the windscreen & to also warm the inside up. Unfortunately there was no hot air coming out of the vents at all??

The engine warmed up & the gauge showed the normal running temp. Everything sounded as normal also, I know I'm due a service soon which be an anti-freeze, oil, plugs change etc but I wanted to see if there is anything I can do myself. As I'm in MK at the moment & need to get back home which is London I just didn't want to take the chance on driving if I damage it really.

Dont think it would damage it driving it without heaters (though don't quote me on that). Most likely an airlock in the system. Could also be not enough coolant in the system?

Could be something more evil like a heater matrix issue (check passenger footwell for dampness).

I think if you search this is discussed quite often (I had this problem once and it turned out to be an airlock and not alot of coolant in the sytem).

Can anyone give me some advise on what to do please?

I started my car up yesterday & left it for 7mins to clear the ice of the windscreen & to also warm the inside up. Unfortunately there was no hot air coming out of the vents at all??

The engine warmed up & the gauge showed the normal running temp. Everything sounded as normal also, I know I'm due a service soon which be an anti-freeze, oil, plugs change etc but I wanted to see if there is anything I can do myself. As I'm in MK at the moment & need to get back home which is London I just didn't want to take the chance on driving if I damage it really.

Also bear in mind as it was so cold yesterday it will take a little bit longer to warm up - I didn't feel any heat yesterday for nearly 10-12 minutes.

I'll have a search in regards to heater matrix & air lock. I just didn't & don't know what to check etc

I did leave it for around 10-15 minutes in total but still nothing. I just didn't want to take a chance really

& thought I'd ask sooner rather then later really

Thanks for the reply

I'll have a search in regards to heater matrix & air lock. I just didn't & don't know what to check etc

I did leave it for around 10-15 minutes in total but still nothing. I just didn't want to take a chance really

& thought I'd ask sooner rather then later really

Thanks for the reply

If you get no joy I'd swing it by whifbitz - sorry I keep advertising that guy but I went through multiple garages visits trying to clear the airlock until I gave up and went to his garage and daz there sorted it in 10 mins flat and not had a problem since.