The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Weight reduction parts help?

jevansio

I'm working my way through the weightreduction list from the US hardtop registry, BWR, BWR+ etc etc

There are some items I wouldn't mind someone confirming that I've already removed from my car:

1. Removal of factory gas tank cover - is this a cover which sits inside the boot? or a cover which sits under the car?

2. Removal of under radiator cover - this I guess is the long plastic undertray which goes across the front of the car?

3. Removal of EGR and addition of EGR block off plates - I'm not sure on this bit at all, I've gone single if this helps.

4. Removal of TRAC pump assembly and TRAC ECU - Is this Traction Control related? I've already ditched the stock TC as I have a Q45 throttle, but where is the ECU?

5. Removal of factory skid plate on crossmember - I have no idea on this.

Many thanks :)

1. cover on top of tank in boot.(black cyclindrical one)

2.dont know

3.If your car is uk spec you will have done this already.(doesnt apply to J spec)

4.Again trac pump is UK/US spec.Trac ECU is located in the passenger footwell.

5.dont know

1. Removal of factory gas tank cover - is this a cover which sits inside the boot? or a cover which sits under the car?

could be upper or lower, I wouldn't want to remove the under one for obvious reasons - the top one weighes next to nothing and reduces the noise from the pump quite a bit.

2. Removal of under radiator cover - this I guess is the long plastic undertray which goes across the front of the car?

Yep, again it weighs nothing and aids cooling so not worth removing IMO

3. Removal of EGR and addition of EGR block off plates - I'm not sure on this bit at all, I've gone single if this helps.

Uk only

4. Removal of TRAC pump assembly and TRAC ECU - Is this Traction Control related? I've already ditched the stock TC as I have a Q45 throttle, but where is the ECU?

UK only

5. Removal of factory skid plate on crossmember - I have no idea on this.

I guess they mean the engine undertray, but again it weighes nothing and helps cooling so worth keeping.

Gotcha, so your weight reduction thread is ending up with you putting more bits on :D

Just had a look at some pics of my cars front subframe and there's no other guards on it, so must be the undertray.

Most likely :D, I was at one point contemplating a flat aluminium undertray, but Tony and others advised against due to not fully understanding the effects on the car so I way planning on readding the OEM front & engine undertrays anyway.

Will prolly have to give the fuel tank cover as miss though as I'm not sure if it'll fit on, I'm pretty sure with the fuel setup I have there's bigger tubes poking out of the tank now.