The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Restore

supraszr

Last year I tried to get a mate to buy a Supra. He's in the Army and one of his mates has an N/A Supra and took a corner a little fast leaving in the rain and from what I understand hit a tree.

Needless to say he bought it as a scrapped car and with quite a bit of front end damage and quite a bit of machanical issues it's now back on the road 6 months later.

Thought you would like to see how see saved a supra from the scrap heap in the sky.

Damage.jpg

Damage 2.jpg

Damage 3.jpg

First things first I got him to bring the Car to Devon and deliver it to my friends down at DJP motors who would be able to repair the car also I asked him to contact Jezz at QSD performance to source all the body pannels. Front Bumper, 2 wings and bonnet. And any other parts that may be required.

So he ordered the panels and we had the car Jigged and panels fitted.

panels 1.jpg

panels 2.jpg

All returned good as new just about, back on the road just before christmas, just needs some bonnet hinges to make the bonnet sit correctly.

I think it looks better than mine the git! he is on here as well now (northernsmoothy) just gotta get him to pay subscription.

fixed.jpg

Thats the best thing that could happen to a veilside kit, tell your mate well done:d good work on going stock.

Agreed he wanted a veilside back on I said no way it would'nt look right so i banned it, I have veilside skirts on mine and realy dont like em, but his side skirts are nice but no idea what they are?

looks like some hard work gone into it, what sort of condition was the engine bay in after that "bump" :D

He lost the air con as it was badly damaged, other than that just the Headlights were replced and some other parts from Jezz but cant remember the list I will try to get him to post it all at some point.

Us facelift sz-r's are a rare breed :D I'm getting some bomex sideskirts for mine, night-racer are selling replica's of them

Thought it was the best N/A to go for, Like the colour of yours. Wanted one that colour or that gunmetal grey.

Really how much they going for be interested in a set but worried that on removal of the old ones it may cause some damage

Thought it was the best N/A to go for, Like the colour of yours. Wanted one that colour or that gunmetal grey.

Really how much they going for be interested in a set but worried that on removal of the old ones it may cause some damage

Rsp is the best colour, In the sunshine all polished up it looks the dogs!! I got a quote for bomex sideskirts and vielside spats for £300. You will have to pm him if you just want the skirts