The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greetings from Sydney

Guest djernest

Guest djernest

Gooday Guys,

my name's off topic anyways I m a music Dj by profession & also happen to own a Supra. Its a 1993 Gun metal Grey(rear in Oz),NA Auto,17" wheels & the rest is all factory Spec.

I m happy with the factory spec as I think the supra looks better the way it is & i didnt bother changing the exhaust as I dont wanna spoil the smoothness of the car.

But I m really thinking of pimpin my car with the famous Top secret widebody kit. Anyone done it before or no about it Plz let me know.

Thanks in advance

Hi there.

When you said "I m happy with the factory spec as I think the supra looks better the way it is", I thought fair play mate, someone who likes the classic looks and loves their car as Toyota intended, sleek and unmolested.

And then your next sentence is:

"I m really thinking of pimpin my car with the famous Top secret widebody kit" :blink:

Now that was a surprise, but then it seems a lot of supra n/a owners dress their car up to make it look faster than it really is. ;)

Guest djernest
Hi there.

When you said "I m happy with the factory spec as I think the supra looks better the way it is", I thought fair play mate, someone who likes the classic looks and loves their car as Toyota intended, sleek and unmolested.

And then your next sentence is:

"I m really thinking of pimpin my car with the famous Top secret widebody kit" :blink:

Now that was a surprise, but then it seems a lot of supra n/a owners dress their car up to make it look faster than it really is. ;)

You got me right. but sometimes i think the car's better factory spec the next minute I bump in some wide lookin devil supra & think Dammit tat looks wicked.....

Welcome.

Think about cost, fitting, new paint job etc, the wheels/tyres to fill it out, the big increase in tyre noise from your 11 or 13" wide rear wheels etc, you'd be spending the price of the car on it and it would be no faster, probably slower with the drag of the big wheels. Take your time and look over ways to spend money on your car, there are better ways to enjoy your cash with your motor. :)

Guest djernest
Welcome.

Think about cost, fitting, new paint job etc, the wheels/tyres to fill it out, the big increase in tyre noise from your 11 or 13" wide rear wheels etc, you'd be spending the price of the car on it and it would be no faster, probably slower with the drag of the big wheels. Take your time and look over ways to spend money on your car, there are better ways to enjoy your cash with your motor. :)

Yeah I totally agree with it. I guess its not worth spending soo much. I changed my mind now. Anyways thanks for the advice mate.