The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Insurance renewal quote is..........

FaithStalker

........... 510quid !!!!! including legal and full no claims protection.

stats :

93 GZ TT ...umm unmodified (does it really have a decat pipe? i never knew, Officer! boost guage - i thought it was some funny clock - Officer.........Turbo Timer - I though it was a bomb, Officer!)

30 yrs of Age

Peterborough post code

8 years no claims

no points no convictions

last year 730quid !!!!!!!!

B A R G A I N !!!

If only the car Tax on both my cars wasnt due also this month :-(

oh - its with Elephant Insurance!

Originally posted by FaithStalker

........... 510quid !!!!! including legal and full no claims protection.

If only the car Tax on both my cars wasnt due also this month :-(

oh - its with Elephant Insurance!

Result mate on the insurance. They have always been high for me. They must like slow cars :D

Dont even think about delaying the road tax. The Road Tax camera was in town yesterday :(

ChrisR - I'm a respectable safe and slow driver, never once exceeding the speed limit - least of all on the A1M.

Bloody government,

i pay the same road tax for doing 15 miles to the train station (which i bloody pay through the roof to park at and travel into london) as some Sales Rep who does a gazillion miles on the roads, chewing them up and driving like a git in his 2 year old dented Ford Mondeo (and probably pushing up insurance premiums cos he eats his burgers and fries and make phone calls on the move and crashes a lot)

ahhhhhh sweeping generalisation and rebelious government rant over....time for my morning coffee :)

How the 4 Chris?

How the 4 Chris?

Shaping up dude, the body repair is complete and quarter glass refitted. Wheel should arrive next week. K&N Panel Filter is in :) so if you here a whistling Turbo its alright its me :innocent: . Spoiler respray next and now looking at gauges to fit into the DIN sized gauge pod mount.

Just the interior retrim left after that.

Want to get it finished before the summer so i can focus attention to the Supra :cool:

Interior retrim??

What gauge's are you getting - i thought you already had boost?

oil temp? egt? ?? ?

Sounds like its all coming together, youve had a run of bad luck mate , i think youve turned the corner !

(in 4WD as well!!!) :)

Interior Retrim: What you feeling Pink and White

Na nothing outrageous, just all four seats retrimmed in black cloth or something like and the cloth sections of the door cards and roof lining to match. Very Dark :devil:

Yep i have a boost gauge but i want to monitor Oil and EGT, you know how hard the 2.0L engine has to work to run in excess of 250BHP. I want to know whats going on especially if i wind up the boost after Water Inj. Well see.

I suppose i could always fry an egg on the engine after a run :D That would be a good indication of temps etc....

Hopefully things are looking up

:innocent:

Originally posted by ChrisR

I want to know whats going on especially if i wind up the boost after Water Inj. Well see.

I just noticed that statment ! you getting it put in?

I thought the WRC version already had water injection? cant you find a scrapped WRC / 2nd hand parts for it and retro-fit it?

that poor 2.0l engine, working its nuts off already !

:twak: :twak: :twak:

They do indeed,

but you cant get quotes through there internet service

you have to call customer services after youve entered in all

your details etc etc

they also dont class it as "TWIN TURBO" for any year or any model of supra, they are all "TURBO"

i think (from what i can remember) they do know about GZ , RZ

etc etc etc and you can pick the one you have

My import was insured by Elephant the year before last, with an exhaust and a few other bits. Its just the online quoting that doesn't like J-specs...

Elephants customer service was awful, so i'm with Adrian Flux this time.

Good price that, hopefully import insurance is getting more realistic at last.

Originally posted by Justin

Since when did Elephant start insuring imports? Buggers mine is £1100 with Tesco for my J-Spec Auto TT GZ! Same as yours stalker. Mind you I have declared wheels and exhaust.

And what about those SPARCO harness pads? :D :D

Get yourself over there and save some money now Justin!!!

I just noticed that statment ! you getting it put in?

I thought the WRC version already had water injection? cant you find a scrapped WRC / 2nd hand parts for it and retro-fit it?

that poor 2.0l engine, working its nuts off already !

:twak: :twak: :twak:

The WRC version had a spraybar for the front IC Rad,however it was only there for homologation rules and was disabled on production cars as well as the turbo antilag system (the destroyer of turbo's).

I would prefer to fit proper Water Injection for the engine. Not decided yet. Not necessarily to wind up the boost but for protection. It all costs though dunnit. But then engine builds do too.