The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need urgent advice, T67 DBB trouble

tooquicktostop

Took the Supra to mates house yesterday, 70 mile trip, took the GF so no on boost driving really, left their house and made my way down the M1 back to London when I heard a metallic noise from the turbo, on boost it sounded like a band saw cutting through metal, then all boost lost and no noise from turbo, no smoke not drama just lost the turbo, AFR's were fine so limped towards home, 10 mile to go turbo wakes up again and same metallic noise, boosting as it should however

Got home and removed the filter, the blades look fine but the shaft does move left and right, can I really have lost the turbo, its only 2000 miles old and has not seen boost very often

I was not on boost when the noise started !!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After 2000 miles or so, what a nightmare !

Real gutter if this is the case.

What make is your T67DBB?

Is there a pattern building with these DBB's? I am reading conflciting opinions on their reliability. But after 2000 Miles? Has somthing accelerated (pardon pun) its demise? Assuming the Turbo has gone to pot.

Real gutter if this is the case.

What make is your T67DBB?

Is there a pattern building with these DBB's? I am reading conflciting opinions on their reliability. But after 2000 Miles? Has somthing accelerated (pardon pun) its demise? Assuming the Turbo has gone to pot.

Boostlogic toubo, I am just uploading the vid now of it running