The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nitrous on supra good or bad?

Guest ziuziu007

Guest ziuziu007

hi every one.

is it any one can say the facts for difrence in performance on supra as on NA and on TT or T?

basicaly if you have the nitrous what is your 1/4 mile with it and with out...want to make a bit of research.

:cool:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there really any point??

Depending on application it can be used up very quickly, the price of refilling can be expensive and its hard to find a place willing to do it or actualy have it, its illegal to use on the public roads and get it wrong and you can destroy your engine..

No offence to anyone that has it... but as its a source of extra bhp power that can be "used up" and for the other reasons above i would rather save the £600-£1000 it costs and save up for a proper engine mod.

If your thinking about getting a N/A to TT performance using NOS i would suggest you wait until you can afford to buy a TT - not only that the insurance will probably be cheaper getting a stock TT rather than an N/A with a bottle of NOS.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

N2O (Dinitrogen monoxide) *can* be useful for bringing a big single up onto boost earlier by increasing the mass flow through the exhaust at lower revs.

Using it in this way will conserve the expensive gas and give the big turbo power with small turbo lag (or lack of it) :D

Nitrous is not illegal, but will make a big difference to your insurance, however as mentioned it has its uses and can if set up well make a good increase in power, if you don't go daft, it is however its a bit like premature ejaculation, quickly over, and the solution is expensive;):p

Sorry about that, for some reason a while back i remember seeing a police artical about NOS being legal to be installed in your car but not legal if you use it on a public road, looking into this again seems to show that it is legal in both cases - perhaps the law has changed now...

http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26995

But yeah insurance premiums will go through the roof :D

Guest ziuziu007
lol -

Fact 1. Drag racing is not all about power.

Fact 2. Nitrous comes in various flavours, wet, dry, multi and single shots. (Read up on them on Wikipedia or something like that and then come back with a sensible question).

well i know about nitrous more than you think maty,,,so if you dont have the answer for the question i ask...pass it....

Guest ziuziu007

any one can give a figures? simple as this :

i have tt 6 speed manual with no nitrous i do 1/4 mile in 13 sec at 115mph

and with nitrous (which kit) i do 1/4 mile in 12 sec at 135mph

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

There's no need to be rude to people. Lots of people ask about N2O, most of whom know absolutely nothing about it. You've not really helped your case by presenting any actual knowledge either unfortunately.

Also being a bit cheeky, but I think you're probably a bit optimistic with your example figures there ;)

Anyway, not teaching you to suck eggs, but simple?! The effect of nitrous on a 1/4 mile time will depend on a great many things - greater than simply the type of gearbox you're using and the nitrous setup used. To be honest though, I don't think you're going to get much of a list from these forums anyway.

I want that nitrous that makes everything go a bit Star Wars/hyperspacey. It would be awesome. I'd only use it on cars that need about 13 gear changes on a 1/4 mile drag. Even better would be ones where you have to change down for more speed! A 10 sec NA engine would be teh awesomest.

well i know about nitrous more than you think maty,,,so if you dont have the answer for the question i ask...pass it....

Ah so you're an expert in Nitrous then are you?

Would that be with 50BHP, 100BHP, 150BHP, 200BHP, .... jets? Progressive controller?

And what tyres would this quarter mile run be using? drag radials?

I cant help you with your question above but can give you a pretty good indicator of how long your engine will last trying to acheive the above with Nitrous oxide if you like :)

Edited by mikeyb10supra (see edit history)

If you already do 12 sec 1/4miles with nitrous why are you asking about it?

Why don't you detail you exact setup if you're running 12sec 1/4's...

BTW you can run 11's without N2O...but then you wouldn't care about that as those times are done by focussing on things other than raw power...

Are you english or what? i've composed better drunken text messages

Guest ziuziu007
There's no need to be rude to people. Lots of people ask about N2O, most of whom know absolutely nothing about it. You've not really helped your case by presenting any actual knowledge either unfortunately.

Also being a bit cheeky, but I think you're probably a bit optimistic with your example figures there ;)

Anyway, not teaching you to suck eggs, but simple?! The effect of nitrous on a 1/4 mile time will depend on a great many things - greater than simply the type of gearbox you're using and the nitrous setup used. To be honest though, I don't think you're going to get much of a list from these forums anyway.

well, mainly i ask about n2o as i been in to a drag racing for the past year,i know its not a big expirience,but i have seen so many cars using the nitrous and what a big difrence they do ,thats why as a supra fan i wanted some one who actualy have or had the nitrous on supra to share the expirience....,,mk4 supras have one of the strongest blocks on 1990-1997 sports jap cars in 300 bhp range in stock,,,as at present i have gto tt,rx7 tt,300zx tt and na supra,thats a bit of my collection,,,and this 4 cars are still loved by many many people around the world even that they are old,,,i spent hours on education of each of the car and can say that the supra is the one....but i still like the looks of gto more and 300zx is feels much better on the road and rx7 on track way is something i never forget as it picking up the speed as a jet plane........

Guest ziuziu007
Ah so you're an expert in Nitrous then are you?

Would that be with 50BHP, 100BHP, 150BHP, 200BHP, .... jets? Progressive controller?

And what tyres would this quarter mile run be using? drag radials?

this is the example of what i want to hear from this forum,i dont have a nitrous on any of my cars yet,but thinking to put one,thats why asking about in difrence in performance on supra...

by the way in that example i wrote it would be 100 bhp jets,it would be single point wet kit with full throtle micro switch,no progressive controller,and the tyres just any budget ones,as they are softer and hae a better grip on track way...

Guest ziuziu007
I cant help you with your question above but can give you a pretty good indicator of how long your engine will last trying to acheive the above with Nitrous oxide if you like :)

if nitrous setted up correctly,it will not harm engine,in us nitrous systems are more popular than in uk,because people dont just talk,they do.........