The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another noob!!!

Guest tubbyandy

Guest tubbyandy

Hellooooo! Im Andy from Lancaster and i dont yet own a Supra (dont evict me yet! :().

I currently drive a turbocharged Honda CRX but have always loved supras and have decided to use my CRX as a track car. This gives me the chance to start looking for my next car, obviously a Supra!!!

I'll be picking your brains and doing some serious research over the next few weeks and hopefully be joining the club properly VERY soon!!!

Cheers

Welcome Andy, the search button will be of great use to you for most things you want to know more about, Also in the 'Technical' section there are loads of guides and info you might find helpfull. As said any pics and more info of the CRX, ive always liked them and was going to buy one before i had my celica

Guest tubbyandy

Hey, thanks for the quick welcomes haha. Yeah i'll get some pics up for you. Its currently making a dyno proven 340bhp and 220lb ft, not bad for a 1.6 built in my garage eh!!!

Guest tubbyandy

A few cheeky ones from JAE 2008!! Opinions more than welcome. I've spent the last 6 years building it, ive done everything but the mapping myself including a fully forged engine build.

Guest tubbyandy

I'll see if i can get some better engine bay pics off my camera as this ones alittle old. Gives you a good idea though. No i havent yet, i work in the airforce (saw a couple of you lot at our track days RAF Marham) though so have had some airfield drag action haha. I wouldnt like to guess what it'd be though

EDIT- found one

Edited by tubbyandy (see edit history)

Guest tubbyandy

It weighs 1080 standard but ive done a bit of weight saving so who knows. Ye it can be a bit of a handful but thats the fun of it, it definately suprises people!! I want something powerful and sporty again but that i could take further than the CRX, think i'll be looking for a tt

Guest tubbyandy

I want to do some research before i start messing with one really. After years of tuning Hondas it like a completely different animal and i dont want to waste thousands on rushed dicisions (sp). Im sure i'll get there though haha

Welcome to the club Andy :thumbs:

Always loved CRX's I had 2 of the earlier model many years back, great little cars.

Have a search around the forum there is everything you could ever want to know on here. FAQ section would be a good place to start and the project build section.

• 1 month later...
Guest tubbyandy

Got some insurance quotes and a BPU import TT 6speed will be cheaper than my sol turbo!! That just confirms im doing the right thing. Also had a search for MPG and its not too bad (27ish on motorway drives). Also decided i want a white, 6spd manual Jspec TT. Now i need to sell my sol and get one haha. Anyone want a Honda?????