The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom Carbon Skirts

jevansio

I've mulling over an idea today. I'm trying to complete my carbon look on the car, I'm going with a TS diffuser, but I'm still undecided on the skirts.

I know Ridox do a skirt with a carbon lip but it's a little too "straight" for my liking. I was toying in Photoshop & thought maybe something which sticks over the OEM skirts front & back along the lines of this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=85826&stc=1&d=1230752987

Keeping the sweeping lines of the original skirts with the carbon highlight I want. The front one may even come a little deeper to line up with the front RMM lip. Edit also the Photoshop copies quite a bright part of the RMM lip so I doubt a finished product would look so grey.

Does anyone know who could help me achieve such a part (someone good with carbon fibre, I want a very good fit) and what would such a part cost to make. I realise a one off is very expensive, so does anyone else think it's a good idea?

Img_2853_Carbon.jpg

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

Your car needs nothing IMO, leave it as it is, the one off carbon will be expensive thats for sure. If you have to get a price I would PM Supramemole who was making a lot of bespoke carbon bits in the US :)

*queue spooky music* I have just PM'd him while you were typing that :D

It's tough not changing it, I need to keep doing bits otherwise it becomes stagnant :(

whats going on with the front bumper? Looks like something odd happening in the main vent.

p.s - this would look good if you ask me. Id be interested in some maybe. Help hide a bit of a crack when i had an argument with a curb :p

It's where my FMIC ducting attaches to the bumper, it's a series of flat headed bolts :) See this pic vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=9293&d=1193524057

im at work right now and my phone doesnt show the pic very good..lol.. when i get home ill take a deeper look at it and see if i can come up something ballparky...lol.. thanks guys

chris

Nice one Chris :) If you need I can highlight the areas I'm on about, I know the OEM skirts aren't very common over there

Ah looks mint the way it is mate;)

Is that the do-luck cage you have in??

Yip it is bud

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/crismillencolin/Img_2853_Carbon.jpg

Thats what i would do .

Your car is pretty stunning though - it doesnt need anything imo.

I did think of doing that, bud I shat my pants when I came to install it incase the carbon cracked :D

Those sides are rare over here.. I have been trying to get a set to complete my RHD supra.. I have also tossed around the idea of making the front active spoiler in CF as well. that i already got and install. I love that lip and now i have it... i scrap mine too just pulling into my driveway...but i think i still want one in CF.. no one makes it and again i could be the first one to make it..lol... if you can highlight the areas your talking about and either post here or send via pm that would be great... thanks again

Chris