The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Wheels Fitted

DAT Inter

So following on frm here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=172635

I have got and fitted my new wheels. Got them from DP Motorsport in Ayr. They have some cracking wheels but dont really know what they are talking about. They gave me (well didnt give said i would need and had to buy :spank:) 20mm spacers for the front and rear. They were decent quality hubcentric ones from Kei but i still thought it odd. Got Avon ZV3 tyres onthem as well. Went home and fitted them and surprise surprise looked shit with a 20mm spacer on the front, stuck out a mile. Rears looked cool and wide but the spacer wasnt even required (assholes). So off thy came, 20mm spacers removed and a 8mm slip on spacer on the front fitted allowing 1.5mm of clearance over the caliper. They are 8.5 front et35, rear 9.5 et35.

They now look shit hot but im going to invest in longer front studs just for extra piece of mind and send the 20mm spacers back and et my £50 back.

Heres some pics for you guys. Let me know what you think.

Edited by DAT Inter (see edit history)

Thanks for the comments guys.

Spacers are a mixed bag and the internet doesn help that at all imo.

I ran 30mm spacers on a drift car for years and had no issues what so ever and if they can take the strain during that then they can take the strain doing anything.

With all products on the market be it a 5 pound spacer, a wolfrace wheel or a rays engineering wheel there is always going to be some people that have problems regardless of the product, manufacturing defects, external problems etc. So imo an 8mm spacer is not the end of the world.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Spacers are a mixed bag and the internet doesn help that at all imo.

I ran 30mm spacers on a drift car for years and had no issues what so ever and if they can take the strain during that then they can take the strain doing anything.

With all products on the market be it a 5 pound spacer, a wolfrace wheel or a rays engineering wheel there is always going to be some people that have problems regardless of the product, manufacturing defects, external problems etc. So imo an 8mm spacer is not the end of the world.

Pool table smooth racetrack vs some clapped out road, great comparison there.

And hold on - spacers are the devil - you've never used them or had any experience with them. That comment just seems slightly knobish imo.

Nope, you probably find it is based in technical fact. If you fully understand suspension design and I don't just mean a set of coilovers I'm talking every component, suddenly changing the loading points in one section have an affect on other components.

I'm with Gaz on this one, spacers aren't the way forward, but hey each to their own