The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West Le Mans 2009

Mrs H

Ok the actual race is the 13th and 14th June.

We are planning to leave either Tues 9th PM or mega early on Wed 10th from Wigan.

Full details to follow, but can we get an idea of numbers and who may want to meet up on route to the ferry :D

May require a Pancake planning meet :D

Vicki x

Edited by Mrs H
Because hubby pointed out my error! (see edit history)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok then..!!

I am booking my ferry this week. I am currently looking at P&O Ferries. It's £70 return for a ferry that leaves at 12.15 on Wednesday the 10th June from Dover and returns at 11.40 from Calais.

This means we should hit Le Mans at around 8 - 9pm on the Wednesday evening if we leg it mostly motorway when we get over there. If anyone can find a better/cheaper suggestion then I'm all ears.....;)

I have looked that Eurotunnel and that is £157 and they won't let my car on there as it has LPG. I have discounted the overnight crossings as one, they were quite expensive and two, Lynz would be puking like a pregnant bulemic.....:D

This trip does mean a possible 14 - 15 hour marathon down there but we have done it before. The other option is to stay in Dover on the Tuesday night but last time it was 01.30am when we finally got to Dover.....:(

H.

Evening Paul, I'd just avoid Rouen if I were you. It's like the Bermuda Triangle of France. Plenty of white Supras seem to keep getting lost...and I don't know why :innocent:

I'm a bit envious mind you, as this year I can't go.