The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Canada

Guest CDN supra

Guest CDN supra

Hello everyone,

I'm a total noob when it comes to Supras, so please bare with me. I just purchased a JDM 1993 Twin turbo 6SPD Supra and I LOVE IT!!. I have wanted one of these cars for a LONG time. So I am here to learn as much as I can about the proper way to build up a J-spec Supra.

Chris

Guest 87gtNOS

Wow, CDN supra, and TooColdToDrive!! I didn't know it was becoming so easy to import these cars into Canada?!

I am a friend of JamieP and hang out here sometimes to help out with parts.

I am in Toronto.

Let's see some pics CDN supra!!

Wow, CDN supra, and TooColdToDrive!! I didn't know it was becoming so easy to import these cars into Canada?!

I am a friend of JamieP and hang out here sometimes to help out with parts.

I am in Toronto.

Let's see some pics CDN supra!!

Hey mate, got your email about ya foot, looks painfull.

Thinking of importing a supra now?:)

Guest 87gtNOS
Hey mate, got your email about ya foot, looks painfull.

Thinking of importing a supra now?:)

LOL! No, just thinking of how my winter of snowmobiling is ruined!! And hopefully my ankle heals up nicely so I can ride my ZX14 lots this summer!!

Guest CDN supra

Thanks for the warm welcome guys ... I'm just outside Toronto, and this darn snow is KILLING ME. I see my poor car sitting in the garage just wishing to be driven.

I think the reason so many Canadians are joining is because to import a car into Canada it must be 15 years or older, and to purchase a CDN/US spec car is twice the price of an imported one.

Here is a few pictures I have from the importer, I have not taken any of my own yet

http://www.supraforums.co.uk/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=85903&stc=1&d=1231023665

http://www.supraforums.co.uk/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=85904&stc=1&d=1231023665

http://www.supraforums.co.uk/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=85905&stc=1&d=1231023665

http://www.supraforums.co.uk/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=85906&stc=1&d=1231023665

Chris

NK70737-1.jpg

NK70737-3.jpg

NK70737-8.jpg

NK70737-21.jpg

Guest CDN supra

Cold is not the word, there are some parts of Canada that have dipped as low as -40 before windchill. Thank God I dont live in an area that gets that cold, the lowest it has went this year was -30+ and that was just crazy.

And of course the year I get a Supra we had one of the worst winters in the past 15 years so it will take much longer before it all melts. :(

I tried a search for a restrictor ring, but all I have found is threads explaining and/or reviews on them but I'm looking to buy one.

Also another question, a 1st decat ( my car already had a 2nd decat and 3.5 downpipe installed ) would it be better for my to have the pipe made or should I just buy one?... rember I'm "across the pond " so I'm sure shipping would be a killer. Any advise would be great

Chris