The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rant Vandalising toss**s dented my roof

Aero-M

Can't beleive it I never leave my car anywhere as a rule. Had to do some shopping so parked it as far from the entrance as possible so somebody wouldn't park next to me and dent the side. Come back and find two bloody dents in the roof! behind the aero panel one either side. Typically no cctv in that part of the car park. Im so pissed off, Why do people do these sort of things?, The supe didn't have a scratch or dent on it before

Just park it in normal spaces. I do and ive never had mine touched. And i use mine every day. If you park the other end of the carpark its like your asking for it. Nobody is going to vandalise a car in the main, busy area of the carpark if you think about it.

You may be right, if its amongst other cars its less likely to get targeted, i just hate the though of someone opening their door into yours and hope you didnt see it happen.

Managed to park in between a split new Aston V8 and 07 BMW 5 series the other day. I walked away quite at ease in the knowledge that they would take care when getting back in their cars.

Returned later to find the Aston and BMW replaced by a Cavalier and Rover. *palpitations at this point* You just cant win...but then again, its my fault for choosing the supra over the wifes car every time I go out somewhere.

Oh, and I was sat in Asdas car park the other night waiting for the wife to get the shopping....found a space as far away as possible in a row that other than me was empty. Sat there feeling safe when a massive Merc pulls in right next to me driven by a tiny little Chinese lady...her front end missed my door by a couple of inches when she turned in and the gap she'd left to get out of her door was tiny. Her handbag was in the back, so that was another tense door opening, then getting her disproportionately large bag past my wing mirror was another worry.

I moved into the next bay away as she walked off...then a Renault parked in between us. It is all very strange.

You may be right, if its amongst other cars its less likely to get targeted, i just hate the though of someone opening their door into yours and hope you didnt see it happen.

less likely to get targeted, but more likely to get a door opening dent, spaces are to small and people don't seem to care.

I didn't see it happen other wise I would have put a dent either side of their head.