The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey . .

SUPRA-JDB

Welcome,

N/A's are great my friend, I love mine to bits and its done a fair bit of track time aswell, driven correctly they are a very able car and great for learning about RWD skills before taking on some monster big BHP supra.

Lets face it they all look the same so just take it steady and enjoy Toyota's jewel in the crown ;)

Regards

ow well we carnt all aford to run let alone insure a tt. . . .

Don't worry, it's mostly light hearted here... It's just that we get a lot of people who come on here expecting to extract more power out of the NA.

Just be happy with what it's got, it's still a good looking car. :)

As for insuring a TT, you'll find there's little between an NA and a j-spec TT.

ow well we carnt all aford to run let alone insure a tt. . . .

:) Theres surprisingly little in it when you add it all up. Sorry if I offended you, just being me. Dont let that spoil the forum experience. We are a friendly bunch, any Supras a Supra and all that.

Please do some research on here about N/A tuning before spending a lot of money in the pursuit of more power...it really is something that many want but impossible to achieve. Enjoy it for what it is.

sounds good, just want abit more response. i have uprated the plugs, changed fuel filter and all other filters, plus given a good service. still seems abit flat at points? could a straight through exhaust help and induction kit? cheers

Exhaust yes, Induction kit no. I would recommend just getting a good quality filter for the stock box. The Supra's box is good up to 500 bhp apparently.

Put money into good tyres, better brakes / pads, re-newing suspension components first. Arguably will make the car faster and more responsive in overall terms, and safer to boot (god I'm good :)).

Not sure about the free-flow exhaust situation on an N/A. They look good and sound good, but power gains will be minimal from what I've read on here.

Induction kits...I once lusted after a blingy intake kit too, and was seduced by the hype printed on the box. After a spell on here it became clear that the original Toyota design is optimised for both power and filtration of harmful stuff. Again, after-market kits may get you part of a horsepower more, but other than the looks they are a lot of money for nothing.

so i rekon a nice panel filter, and leave her at that, concentrate on handeling and stopping? cheers guys

Fair do's. A lot of new Supra owners cant quite seem to get past the initial urge to bling up rather than spend on immediate upkeep / servicing / safety. It is a strong urge, but well done if you can see the benefits in spending money looking after what you have first of all.

Post some pics too. We like pics.