The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapping at SRR tonight

Stonkin

Was mapping tonight with Ryan and Charlie at SRR. After a couple of AFR issues lately and with Charlie (B'Have) not ever getting the car on the rollers after his many years of ownership and hard work that he put into the car it was time to check it out and see what was going on.

The car is a T61 auto and made [email protected] fly and around 475/480 lbs torque if im reading the graph correct?

The autobox was a concern and over this was starting to slip. Ryan also mentioned the wastegate spring needing replacing for more but is not worth it unlesss changing the box. I'm sure Ryan will explain better.

All in all was a great evening, thanks to Charlie and Ryan who has been a great help with getting it sorted :) Was nice to meet Wez and couple of other guys (i am crap with names :) ) thanks for standing around in the cold to watch and advise :thumbs: Have thawed out now :)

Here is the graphs, only photos as i have not got a scanner handy

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

Awesome. :) So that was at 1.35 bar?

The AFRs do look a bit odd. I would have expected it to be a lot leaner before the boost comes on, and without that 'dip' in the early spool.

On the other hand... I don't really know what I'm talking about!! (But I have had a lot of AFR issues in the past, so I'm endeavouring to draw from experience.)

Edit: Oops, you already said, 1.4 bar.

Thanks for the kind words chap

Was an interesting night trying to get the AFR's perfect like you can with a standalones but that change over point on the stock ecu where it cuts the fuel is a PITA to get out with the EMU. Normally load cell holding allows me to get it but with the way your turbo spooled it was difficult to say the least!

On Lui's car i could get rid of it but yours was not having it, even though the Injector duty out on the logs was smooth and the fact it didn't effect the curve at all.

On the road you never see it as the kick down puts the rpm in the areas past the Seq change point.

Ryan

"but with the way your turbo spooled it was difficult to say the least!"

What was strange about it Ryan? In english please :)

It spooled so damn fast it was hard to load cell hold the engine at the point as any slight movement on the pedal and it was then 1.3bar :D