The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU gains

sprag5

hello people

Ive had my GZ twin turbo a couple of months now and already want it to be quicker:taped:

I have been reading around looking at going BPU before the summer 2009

I no theres not much on the road that can keep up with the supra as it is, was just wondering what sort of difference does going BPU does to 0-60 times

Also the sensible side is what difference in MPG does this upgrade make? As it is only a weekend car this doesn't bother me but im curious before i go down this path

Thanks guys

Andrew

hello people

Ive had my GZ twin turbo a couple of months now and already want it to be quicker:taped:

I have been reading around looking at going BPU before the summer 2009

I no theres not much on the road that can keep up with the supra as it is, was just wondering what sort of difference does going BPU does to 0-60 times

Also the sensible side is what difference in MPG does this upgrade make? As it is only a weekend car this doesn't bother me but im curious before i go down this path

Thanks guys

Andrew

U won't get a lot with regards to 0-60. Its mostly down to traction. If you use good drag tyres with suspension you could probably knock a second off of the 60. Power makes no difference really.

BPU makes a massive difference on overall performance though. Once you hit the 80+ mark the car will really stretch its legs and you will see 100 pulls much much harder.

Yes, as Soctster says BPU does make a very big difference specially mid-range. It really does open up and unleashes the car, as it always intended to be.

Be warned though. Although BPU is a BIG difference when done properly, you will soon adjust to the performance, and want more.

When I had my first Supra which was full BPU, on a run taking it easy I saw returns of 24mpg. On mixed driving including reasonable speeds :innocent: I was down about 14mpg. Like you mine was a weekend car so never bothered me on MPG.

One thing when going BPU or any kind of mods, don't cut corners and do it properly. :)

Thanks people

Its something im definatley going to get done over the next few months

I am hoping to get the lads from Envy to do the work for me when i get the money together so i have no doubt about in it being done properly.

Going to keep the stock look though as i have already had people say its a crap car and slow

Why is it always people in done up saxo's and fiesta' that say these things, they seem to change there mind once i put my foot down:eyebrows:

Thanks again

Why is it always people in done up saxo's and fiesta' that say these things, they seem to change there mind once i put my foot down:eyebrows:

It is best to let them say it, putting your foot down on a stock Supra is totally different to putting the foot down on a BPU car! And if you have one of those 'put the foot down' moments to prove someone wrong you could live to regret it in more ways than one.

Thanks people

Going to keep the stock look though as i have already had people say its a crap car and slow

Thanks again

Education is the key :)

sticks and stones may brake my bones but a saxo will never beat me :D

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

my cars stretching its legs way before 80 :)

My wife's MR2 is 'quicker' at bpu levels than my supra is before 80. Supra's are like the opposite of evo's and subarpoo's in my opinion. Those other cars are running out of puff after 100, thats where the supra is really coming into its own.

Obvioulsy its by no means slow sub 80, what i mean is you can really feel the surge of power after the 60 mark, hence why i refer to it as stretching its legs lol. Keeping the power down is more of an issue sub 60 than after also, which doesn't help.

Its all down to a sense of speed again but i'm on full boost in the MR2 before 3krpm and it hits hard as its so nimble.