The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stock turbos upgrade

supraspeed

Ok. just a quick question.

If someone wanted more power in their Supra in say a tip vvti without going single or using uk hybrids (obviously with the neccesary supporting mods exhaust mapped etc) is there bolt on aftermarket turbos which are stronger/more powerful than stock which isn't a major job installing? mainly because i'm looking at a vvti tiptronic and its all standard and wondering if while i was getting it bpu'd it was worth getting new better turbos

Speedforsale are making CT12/28 hybrids using original housings and 28 internals, operating sequentialy using your stock manifold.

You'll need bigger injectors and an aftermarket EMS (I suggest a Solaris S6) to make the most of them.

Do you know if anyone on here has tried this yet?

Would be quite interesting to see how it does :)

Speedforsale.com ;)

thats as close as your going to get

Although BPU is prob a better investment to be honest....these things never last as long as people say they will

Is this what you're talking about Mikey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SpeedForSale-MK4-Supra-GT28-Hybrid-Stock-Twin-Turbo-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em63Q2el1177QQhashZitem180316612388QQitemZ180316612388QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

yep....those are the ones. Jeremy at speed for sale is a genuine guy and always willing to offer advice. This is where my money would go if I was going after more power....and retaining the sequential system on the auto would be even even more of a bonus hence the choice

Pretty much yeah, you get a custom fitting kit with different oil lines and the rest just bolts straight in. You would need 550 injectors at a minimum and I would opt for an emanage ultimate and let the stock ECU handle things as the boost pattern would be pretty much the same only making full boost slightly later that stock turbos. Water injection might not go a miss either but is not essential.

So you would need the kit itself (double check though as I think Jeremy makes them for US/UK cars)

I would opt for the following for a basic setup

- injectors 550's minimum

- I would personally keep the stock j-spec cams

- ECU (I would use emanage ultimate)

- UK spec fuel pump

- Boost controller

- wideband gauge

- boost gauge

- additional coolers for the auto box

Remember these are American figures, and probably on C16.

I've had a look at a few threads on supraforums but have yet to see any dyno plots.

It's worth noting that the yanks claim 500rwhp on hybrid CT12's which is about 100 more than anyone on this board.

Supraspeed- L33 is selling some Envy hybrids for £800.

Ok. just a quick question.

If someone wanted more power in their Supra in say a tip vvti without going single or using uk hybrids (obviously with the neccesary supporting mods exhaust mapped etc) is there bolt on aftermarket turbos which are stronger/more powerful than stock which isn't a major job installing? mainly because i'm looking at a vvti tiptronic and its all standard and wondering if while i was getting it bpu'd it was worth getting new better turbos

Unless your current turbo's are shot then just do be BPU and be happy with it. The stock turbo's are the most reliable and trustworthy ones you'll ever get.

If you want more you'll need a significant amount of investment put into the car. Unless you have money to burn stick with BPU :)

Unless your current turbo's are shot then just do be BPU and be happy with it. The stock turbo's are the most reliable and trustworthy ones you'll ever get.

If you want more you'll need a significant amount of investment put into the car. Unless you have money to burn stick with BPU :)

stock turbos will do just fine......sheepishly mermered:salute:

Homer is right and this is kind of what I hinted at earlier in my first post ;) stick with em buddy. A BPU supra is still very very quick and ultra reliable >. Spend the extra dosh on sorting the old knackered suspension, UK brakes, maybe e-manage or similar and some HID's....they were one of my best mods believe it or not and brought the front of the car bang up to date with modern audis, mercs etc

Edited by mikeyb10supra (see edit history)

• 1 month later...