The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Starter Motor removed and front bumper damaged >:-(

Guest dangerousandy

Guest dangerousandy

I finally got the motivation to remove the starter motor from my MKIV today, and duly managed to scrape the front bumper pushing the car out of its parking space. Im still pi55ed off at myself now...........

I'm going to recondition the starter motor and refit it..... unless someone suggests otherwise? I don't want to buy a new one as i have spent all my car budget this month!! (mainly on my MKIII Supra) but if anyone has a good second hand one kicking about..........

DSC00624.JPG

DSC00625.JPG

DSC00626.JPG

DSC00627.JPG

Guest dangerousandy

Nice one Dave :)

I have orderd a second hand starter motor to get me back on the road... £105 delivered to my door. I will then rebuild my original starter and keep it as a spare. The place i bought the 'new' starter from reckons that the NA and TT have different starter motors. I know that the Manual and Auto's have different starter motors, but I would have thought that the NA and TT's withthe same transmission would have had the same starter motors. I also thought the Aristo/GS300 starter motor was the same too? Can anyone explain this???

i know how p1ssed you feel a while back jus finished washing my car was drying it off when i realised 3 scratch lines in the front wing that wasnt there a minute ago. Then i realised my key sticking out my pocket now i dont keep anything in my pockets whilst washing the car.

Guest dangerousandy
i know how p1ssed you feel a while back jus finished washing my car was drying it off when i realised 3 scratch lines in the front wing that wasnt there a minute ago. Then i realised my key sticking out my pocket now i dont keep anything in my pockets whilst washing the car.

yeah, or when the girl in your life runs her hands over your lovely shiny paintwork with rings on her fingers........

that will not polish out on my bumper has it has dug into the plastic :( it isgoing to have to be stoppered and resprayed :(

yeah, or when the girl in your life runs her hands over your lovely shiny paintwork with rings on her fingers........

that will not polish out on my bumper has it has dug into the plastic :( it isgoing to have to be stoppered and resprayed :(

oh dont get my started on that my partner was clever enough to the door tap the wall and chip the paint off the edge of the door and then say oh its nothing.

Guest dangerousandy
oh dont get my started on that my partner was clever enough to the door tap the wall and chip the paint off the edge of the door and then say oh its nothing.

don't you just love them to bits......... I have a soft spot for my ex.........................at the bottom of my garden!