The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supraless christmas... :(

Benjy

Well, I've had an absolutely blinding christmas pretty much trashed by a well known "reputible" (sp?) company cos basically, they're full of sh!t!

Previously, I had a Bomex replica which fitted perfectly. Unfortunately, it ended up in need of replacement cos of a few pretty horrendous cracks, so, upon recommendation of Kudos Automotive, I sourced, through him via Replikit, a replica Bomex and a replica Trial pair of bumpers.

The Bomex front, which was "guaranteed 100% fitment" was delivered to the bodyshop for painting, which it was (very well I may add) and then fitted. This is the best we could make it look -

So, pretty sh!t fit. Next morning, on the phone to Kudos, suprise suprise, he's done his bit and "doesn't wanna be stuck between me and replikit". So, a phonecall was made to Replikit, who were very helpful. Took a day off work, drove up to Hertfordshire from Surrey as they asked, because they guaranteed they could make the fitment right. After 30 minutes of fiddling, more suprises "Oh, you were right, it doesn't fit, does it!?" So, they then dispatched a Do-Luck replica which they gauranteed would fit, they'd fitted one recently. Clearly it wasn't to a Supra, because the bodyshop test fitted this one, and called me to say - and I quote - "I've fitted this bumper, but it looks like it's been driven out of an abortion bucket!" Big gaps around the headlights, wonky bonnet shut, until you shut the bonnet. When you shut the bonnet, it OVERLAPS the bumper! Not only that, there's 2 dips bang in the middle of the nosecone, which, without wanting to offend fat people, looks like a fat person has sat on my nosecone!

So, again, I rang replikit, who got a little tetchy with me, and said they were adament that this bumper should fit. As if my bodyshop who fitted it hadn't done it properly. The guy I use does bodywork for Muhammed Al Fayed for gods sake! Would Al Fayed accept shoddy worksmanship? I think not!

Has anybody got any decent advice that's gonna get my money back and the money I've paid the bodyshop to keep arsing around with these jellymoulded peices of cow poo!?

wow looks like its the replica bumper you have to blame not the bodyshop, the right side of that front sticks out more from the corner, see you would of been better of with an original, all these problems cost you more. Iv got a full original kit on mine and the fitment is 99.9% bang on

that is shocking, now i know you wont want to here this now but fibreglass panels must be test fitted BEFORE they are sprayed up, i am surprised your body shop did not tell you this. As mentioned above raise a dispute with the trader on this board to save other people from this and maybe get some money back, you state the trader said "100% guaranteed fitment" so whether he likes it or not he has to take some of the responsibility for this, he recomended the suplier then walks away, bull***t, name and shame fella, sad to say but if you dont the trader will do nothing until he feels his profits threatened

You can't polish a turd. Do people never wonder why a replica is so much cheaper than the real thing? And why a fibreglass bumper cracks and splits, and thus why Toyota used a different, much more costly, material? As for would Fayed accept schonky workmanship, I couldn't possibly comment, but he sure wears some dodgy suits.