The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need to settle an arguement on Driftworks

johnd-mkiv

I know many are not a fan of doing donuts in supras drifting ect but can you just confirm for me as I have has this in my supra when doing a donut on less than half a tank it can cause some sort of fuel cut, I could only pull 180 deg spins in mine before the power cut then come back all of a sudden

will help me from getting abused on there :D

john

not sure mate but I've never had a problem, I thought when you first posted the vid of the black one you were just hitting fuel cut?, not because you were low on fuel?

it does look like a problem with fuelling but I don't think it's because of low fuel :)

Hope this helps btw :lol:

don't worry about it mate, you've embarassed your self much more than this before ;) :p

I had around 1/4 of a tank during that vid and it litterally took all my power from me then withing seconds I could nurse it back into a donut I read on here others having the same problems tryed it with 3/4 of a tank and it was fine.

I wont be posting my other vids on there now :D all good fun Ill have to get one of them out in mine on a wet day with the tomei lsd fitted ;)

Wouldn't it be best to learn drifting in something that doesn't have so much mechanical grip?

Oh and if you participate in this thread again, tell your man with the understeery Supra that the suspension is hugely adjustable and it can be made as twitchy as Bill Oddie in an Avery.