The mkiv Supra Owners Club

looking for a uk manual

Guest ex 300 owner

Guest ex 300 owner

having bit the bullet and parted with my beloved z im now looking for a uk spec manual turbo or non turbo supra.....im not after anything special as i want to sort the car myself......do you gents have any pointers as to where i need to start looking

Hi and welcome,

Firstly there was only one uk model and that was the twin turbo and in manual they are very rare!, although there is a nice red one on autotrader for 13.5k, but I dont know what your current budget is! but you'll be very lucky to get a decent uk manual for under 10k IMO and that will still have over 100k on the clock, which isnt a problem, but thats up to you.

I would really recommend that you use the search button as these questions are asked a lot by new members, including myself when I joined the site :)

There will be loads and loads of info to read through, Im still learning more on these cars as there is so much to learn before buying one.

And I would advise that you check the resources section and read through various threads on the UK vs jap car sections!

Tom.

Guest ex 300 owner

the only thing that puts me off a jap is the insurance as i know the fun i had with my import 300....but this is offset by the crazy price of the uk cars. ive looked at some awesome manual import examples all the 7k mark which 4-5k cheaper than the uk models which gives me another 7k to spend on ice..i take it the import guys get the same spanking as we used to with the 300 when it comes to parts and servicing

Guest ex 300 owner

id be happy to have either as even non turbo is plenty quick enough i just want it to look pretty.....6 bans is more than enough to cure you of speeding

Come on Chris, hard sell time :D

Chris's car, albeit an auto is only 10k, ok £10300, but that means he'll take 10k, forum member, well looked after car, auto's proven quicker on the 1/4 , looks like a minter in a couple of pics Ive seen. Proven s/h unlike the j-specs, what more do you want??..............a manual I here you say?? :D

Guest ex 300 owner

im hoping you lot are as mental and funny as the 300 lot are it seems i was mistaken in my first thoughts but having read through the forums im thinking jumping ship may not be that big a change