The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What scares you the most about your Supra?

hogmaw

What's scares you the most re Supra ownership?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. What's scares you the most re Supra ownership?

• Theft
    • Vandalism
    • Speeding Points
    • Losing Licence
    • Crashing (your fault)
    • Crashing (someone else's fault)
    • Getting owned/beat in a race
    • Not being able to afford the car payments & bills
    • Not driving it enough to warrant keeping it
    • None - I have no fear!

I was out last night on the cold slippery roads, which were quite empty, and something was bugging me. So I had a think and realised that I was scared to open the Supra up cos of possibilty of a 'scary back end movement' (no not that type of 'back end movement :D') and then I thought no that's not it, it's because there may be a copper lurking on the slip road, and then I thought no that's not it, maybe it's because they have posted a new speed camera here that I haven't seen before... etc.

So what bothers you the most?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mines is not driving it enough to keep it, I think I've covered 200 miles in the last 3 months. although some of that is not through choice.

I often contemplate selling up, but it really is the most exciting and reliable car I've ever owned. The fact the prices are in utter free-fall helps make the decision for me :)

Vandalism, especially in car parks.

Theft doesn't worry me so much as I've minimised the risks as much as possible (alarm, garaged, etc); the rest is out of my control so no point worrying about it. Vandalism/accidental car park damage is what I fear most, I could have avoided that by not taking the car to that place (wherever it might happen)... so it's rare that I do park it up in a public place.

I went for theft, because even though I've done all I can to prevent it, we all know that nothing (alarm, immobiliser, tracker, etc...) is infallible and I'd be genuinely heart-broken if my Supra was stolen.

It was a tough call between that, vandalism and crashing because of someone else, though. Mmm, just noticed that they're all related to what other people may do to my car. Interesting... Psycho-analyse THAT!

Its funny, cos for me i tend to drive the supe really slowly, rarely over 3k revs, especially as i only live one mile away from work with roundabouts in between. So i get to do just two miles a day, apart from the odd 60 mile round motorway trip to see the family.

Sometimes i think to myself, god im only doing 30! But hey i like it, for me its not the fact the car CAN go extremely fast, its just the ride, the more time i spend IN the car the better for me.

I still get out and smile to myself cos shes soooooo gorgeous! *of course im talking about you dear and not the car*

*snigger*

It has a habit of jumping out of the wardrobe in the middle of the night wearing a mask. Scares the life outta me. I've told it to stop, but it thinks its funny. One of these nights I'm going to sneak up behind it and go BOO ! Lets see how it likes them potatoes.

it has a habit of jumping out of the wardrobe in the middle of the night wearing a mask. Scares the life outta me. I've told it to stop, but it thinks its funny. One of these nights i'm going to sneak up behind it and go boo ! Lets see how it likes them potatoes.

:D

Shame there wasn't a way of scoring the options and rating them in order (ie 10 highest) so you could see the polled scores in real time...........

anyway, for me speeding is uppermost vandalism second and (me) crashing third.

Even driving my van in my day job means I'm constantly on the look-out for unoccupied camera-vans and the PC Laser-Man - dont really want to lose my licence as i wont get to enjoy the car, fast as it is, and effortless as it would be to find the top speed (its de-limited...........)

I only consider the vandalism as minor dings and srapes, of the car-park variety, where stupid people can't park nor drive properly - I usually park over two spaces in car parks where possible (with one pay and display ticket of course)! I'd avoid rough areas like the plague if I had to park somewhere like that.

Crashing would be cos i still think I'm in my former car (Scooby) which had outstanding roadholding - already had a brown-trouser moment in the summer on a damp roundabout by doing a 180 turn midway on it........oops! Got (much) better tyres now though :)

It has a habit of jumping out of the wardrobe in the middle of the night wearing a mask. Scares the life outta me. I've told it to stop, but it thinks its funny. One of these nights I'm going to sneak up behind it and go BOO ! Lets see how it likes them potatoes.

WTF:D We all know that supras are scared stiff of wardrobes:p.