The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thread size for seat mounting bolts

RobSheffield

7/16" UNF is definately the correct thread for seat belts, I worked for Britax for five years and fitted many many belts. I have looked at your link to ebay and the bolts look about the same as ones we used. Where are you intending to fit these? Into an existing belt anchoring point or somewhere else?

Rob, you mean the hole on the tunnel where one of the 5 stock seat mounts too?, if so the seat mounts aren't 7/16" UNF.

Not the seat mounts buddy, the seatbelt mounts.

Actually, scrap what I just said I see where you're comin from. The fixing points on the tunnel i think are 10 x 1.25 mm.

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

Rob you may find that even though 10mm eyebolts exist, they are not for use in vehicle safety belt applications (the ones I've seen are for yatchs etc). Dunno if it will be a safety issue?

It would depend on the carbon grade of the material used, the very minimun required is a grade of 8.8 as is found stamped on the top of most ordinary bolts, the next grade up is 10.9 which is the norm for cap screws