The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to lift/jack the supra to get all 4 wheels free?

Zofix

If your looking for the official jacking points, if you look underneath your car below the doors, where the side skirts are, there is a thin metal ridge which is to be used with the jacks that come with the car. I can't find the picture i used from here, but if you get on the floor you cant miss the metal ridge i mean.

Maybe this is a newbie or common question:blink:,

It hasn't been asked for a while, I'm in a helpful mood (bored). ;)

Best to lift the whole rear end, use 2 axel stands - one on each side then the same at the front.

Trolley jack under the diff then trolley jack under the front cross member.

Here's a good diagram:

DO NOT just put an ordinary jack under the sill return, or a chassis box section, as this will cripple the metal, maybe even crush the box section. Given an ordinary trolley jack, and a car that is at design height, under the diff casing itself at the rear, is OK, and under the cast alloy front cross member at the front. You need to be SURE you have found the alloy cross member, and nothing else, as it's partly obscured by the plastic engine under tray.

Jacking elsewhere with a "normal" jack may cause serious or permanent damage. I spent months finding a Skyline that hadn't been butchered underneath by errant jacking, they are a lot more fragile than a MKIV, but even the Toyota isn't a WWII tank :)

• 1 year later...
Guest mike6187
richardstock1 wrote:

get yourself one of these i am when i have some spare cash

http://www.restorationramps.co.uk/ph...ocument&part=2

I just spent my cash on my new Hi Lift jacks, but i still want to have that ramp above when i get my bonus. It's good to have a safer support to lift my car. :D

Edited by mike6187 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Even with the extra ramp bits described at the bottom?

Ohhh silly me, just had a quick scope without Reading!

"Ultra low sports and kit-cars down to 3in / 75mm ground clearance are not a problem in using the ramps, with most customers unable to use a trolley jack to raise their cars before hand."

nice... But for £1000 I think I could spend in better things, like a trip to amsterdam.... With my supe

For £350 you can buy a two post ramp, second hand, it's just a matter of headroom and a phase converter. I once knew someone who had one in his garage at home. The garage was integral with the house and he managed to convince his wife that taking the floor and joists up in the spare bedroom over the garage was a good idea so he had the height. I believe they divorced some time back ;) I am not sure what the elf' `n safety lot, and the local planning busybodies would have to say about something like that, these days.