The mkiv Supra Owners Club

aerotop-impossible to find!!

Guest wantedsupra

Guest wantedsupra

Hi

i am after buying (but spending no more than 4k) on a supra aerotop.

Im having great difficulty (been looking for 6 months now, bought a scooby instead).

N/a is what im looking for as TT are too expensive. Im also worried about it been an Auto. I mean do you just put it in drive and go? Bit boring aint it? What about when you want to give it some?

Any help is much appreciated, i need an idiots guide! I hate my scooby turbo!!!

Guest wantedsupra
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=160901&highlight=aerotop+sale

Have a look at this. Its what you are after and although over your budget its well worth it as its a VERY clean car and ive driven this aswel and its very sweet.

little bit expensive, not saying it aint worth it but i would probably be able to buy a tt for that. maybe?

Guest wantedsupra
i also know of a black aero n/a going for about 3500 and its a nice example for the cash

whereabouts? Please be close to york or at least within 100 miles, lol. Any pics?

Guest wantedsupra

yeah maybe. I have been looking for a while now tho!

may go for a manual n/a instead. Just out of thought what should i pay for a half decent tt? and is it true that the tts will get to 100 quiker than to 60 (from 60 obviously)

may go for a manual n/a instead. Just out of thought what should i pay for a half decent tt? and is it true that the tts will get to 100 quiker than to 60 (from 60 obviously)

A Manual is a far better option on the NA IMO. The auto's are okay, but the engine doesn't really have the power to make it a fun drive with the long gears (no offence to those that have them, just my experience :) )

The TT is substantially quicker than the NA, especially once it gets above 50mph. 60-100 in an NA and TT just isn't comparible, the NA would be left looking like it was shoved in reverse (been there, done that!)

Guest wantedsupra

well i presume the manual would be quicker to 60 etc.

Would you all have a supra n/a over a celica gt4 turbo then?

Obviously that is another option with the celica but even them are ridiculously high in price for a 15 year old car, similar with the supras i guess.

well i presume the manual would be quicker to 60 etc.

Would you all have a supra n/a over a celica gt4 turbo then?

Obviously that is another option with the celica but even them are ridiculously high in price for a 15 year old car, similar with the supras i guess.

i would prefer the gt4 over an n/a auto

My mate is selling his ST 205 GT4 it is probably one of the best examples you will find he wants 4500 for it, It is definatly quicker than my n/a. Not as nice looking but awesome to drive, it has the handling to match too. He's in essex pm me if that's of interest to you?

There is a gt4 st205 on pistonheads for £1800, no mot or tax and needs a few minor things sorting.

GT4's are normally very expensive to maintain to a decent standard.

Expext to pay about about £1000 to rebuild each front corner of suspension as that needs doing about every 50 - 60k miles.

Asa ive found out they are not as reliable as a supra and dont look as good but they are so much fun to drive.

Supra n/a will be a more reliable and alot cheaper to run than a gt4.

But like the above post you pay for what you get. A good stock car thats had all the major work done it will be around £3.5 - £4k