My Dyno Result

ClaireRZ-S

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes sorry ive been drinking tonite so im not the best... :D
:D

I make that around 22½% drivetrain losses too, so not stupidly generous like some disreputable dyno operators would allow. :thumbs:

Is the 19°C ambient temp about right? It was bloody freezing down here today!

:D

I make that around 22½% drivetrain losses too, so not stupidly generous like some disreputable dyno operators would allow. :thumbs:

Is the 19°C ambient temp about right? It was bloody freezing down here today!

Same guy mapped my GTR and it runs smoothly for the last year or so and he has a good reputation, but is 22.5% still not a tad high !? I know the fly and torque is about the average for 1bar TT Supra but the whp seems a tad low.

Why have you got the first cat still in?

Taking that out would be my first mod when I have my tt conv.

Oh i'll definintely be doing it, when i got the car the 2nd decat was already in it. I got the 1st decat last week for bpu but last thing i need is the fuel pump and get the bits done together. I just wanted to see what the car was pushing out before i did any mods to it just to have a before and after.

"Steam Pressure"? :blink: Can someone explain please? :search:

I think they mean vapour pressure.... the pressure at which the humidity in the air condenses for a given temperature :D

Its a factor used in the correction of power and is used in combination with relative humidity and temperature to correct the power to a standardised value (so no matter where the car is in the world and the conditions, the power is still corrected to the same standard).

I think (from back in my dyno operator days)!!!

Oh i'll definintely be doing it, when i got the car the 2nd decat was already in it. I got the 1st decat last week for bpu but last thing i need is the fuel pump and get the bits done together. I just wanted to see what the car was pushing out before i did any mods to it just to have a before and after.

That's a good baseline figure before you go for BPU..... Sounds like it'll be great after :thumbs:

It's like mine though when I had her Dyno'd, I was concerned with the figure slightly but it may not be so bad I suppose...

383 FWHP

334.1 Ft/lbs of Torque

290 RWHP

It's suprising how much you lose...is this figure ok or a bit on the concerning side??

Bearing in mind that my Gearbox does need relpacing along with both of my Turbo's and a new exhaust system wouldn't go amiss either...:D

Also at that particular time, I found out that I had 8 boost leaks and my new induction system wasn't on properly...so it obviously wasn't helping the figures...

I would like to bet that it would be a bit higher now...

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

It's suprising how much you lose...is this figure ok or a bit on the concerning side??

The flywheel figures are not a true value, they are an estimate based on the wheel horsepower and estimated transmission losses. All these values can be manipulated by the dyno operator, hence why you will often see wildly varying figures from dyno to dyno.

The only way to get a true flywheel figure is on an engine dyno ie. with the engine out of the car.

It's like mine though when I had her Dyno'd, I was concerned with the figure slightly but it may not be so bad I suppose...

383 FWHP

334.1 Ft/lbs of Torque

290 RWHP

Bearing in mind that my Gearbox does need relpacing along with both of my Turbo's and a new exhaust system wouldn't go amiss either...:D

Also at that particular time, I found out that I had 8 boost leaks and my new induction system wasn't on properly...so it obviously wasn't helping the figures...

I would like to bet that it would be a bit higher now...

On stock twins isn't the torque figure in bls.ft normaly very similar to the bhp? Mine was 365/360 (303rwhp)

The flywheel figures are not a true value, they are an estimate based on the wheel horsepower and estimated transmission losses. All these values can be manipulated by the dyno operator, hence why you will often see wildly varying figures from dyno to dyno.

The only way to get a true flywheel figure is on an engine dyno ie. with the engine out of the car.

Yeah ok thanks Nic, just wondering though based on the figure that I received, do you think that is could be a bit low??

(However, it wasnt running all the great back then when I had the Dyno)

They are also not a constant.

I think they mean vapour pressure.... the pressure at which the humidity in the air condenses for a given temperature :D

Its a factor used in the correction of power and is used in combination with relative humidity and temperature to correct the power to a standardised value (so no matter where the car is in the world and the conditions, the power is still corrected to the same standard).

I think (from back in my dyno operator days)!!!

Interesting, cheers! :thumbs:

Yeah ok thanks Nic, just wondering though based on the figure that I received, do you think that is could be a bit low??

(However, it wasnt running all the great back then when I had the Dyno)

Imo, looking at your spec, and your rwhp figures comapred to your flywheel hp figures, your dyno result isn't worth a wank.

See if Charlie at SRR can tag you onto a RR day and get some better results, but make sure your car is tip-top or you're wasting your own time and money.