The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dude at Santa Pod ice rink

dude

well it was so slippery that i thought the suspension had fallen off my car , it was like driving on marbles it was that bad , they really need to sort out the track big time , the car was'penduluming' up the track and i could only use part throttle from 2nd gear on , this resulted in a 13.2 !/4 mile , should have taken the lexus i suppose , still it launched well but got about 2 car lengths before slewing sideways , ive invented a new sport ... 1/4 mile drifting !!!!! heres some pics :D

Dude:flame Dev

santa pod 017.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post your slip up and i will stick on list for you. what sort of 60 foot times were you getting. would have thought they would hook up well when you heated them up well. suppose you got a time to work from now.

did not know there was anything on today. dont think york or elvington opend yet.

got my car back today and have spun it out twice and was racing with a new shape m3 left him way behind the silly boy :)

did you have fun john.

whens the next bun fight then?

post your trap speed and reaction and 60 foot times and i will post up

Originally posted by Geezabloke

John

Looks like your exhaust is smoking a bit mate.........

Seriously though....if your running 13.2 and spinning out all from fitting the TC im gonna have to get one.......

spinning tyres is no use to anyone?

john have you got car in ttc mode and did you try it in sequential mode. mine seems to be holding back in ttc mode so going back to sequential tommorow.

what tyre pressure were you running. i think i have read they run 15 psi on 17" drag radials. is that a custom light with hole in to get air to filter?

Originally posted by Geezabloke

Mark

Point was mine was running well at pod last time and i clocked 13.3...if he is spinning as well, obviously there is much more to come.....and seems as though the TC is a major factor as proved in yours, in allowing the extra boost to be available earlier.

if you turn off all traction the tc will just light tyres up so easy. you may beable to get more boost off the line, but you also get less grip too. i would say mine has knocked 1/2 second off my previous best. with kumo street rubber. last time i went to strip i was not doing very well with no traction control on. i lost it big time and nearly took out a bike in next lane. i had traction control set to15 or 20% and did my best time on that. who knows what sort of times you could get with drag radials and a good track.

santapod has a bad reputation for grip. seems a hit or miss sort of track. have only raced there 1 time and thought it was good.

itching to have a go again

The car was actually launching really well , better than the evo7 in the next lane :) but from 2 car lengths out it was all over the place with the back penduluming from side to side not possible to use full throttle at all , even with the RLTC on 20% it felt like the back tyres were completly flat , ive felt this once before on a strip and it was the rubber on the track 'balling up' this only seems to effect cars with decent horsepower , the first part of the track was just normal slippy but the last 2/3rds gave this marble effect , the marshall said it really needed prepping but that costs £2000, I reckon their takings today were over £5000 so you would think they would do it , they are advertising 'test and tune' days , ltd places and a prepped track all for £50 , it should be prepped anyway !!!.

Originally posted by baldy

dude

the air in take should have been done a lighter shade i think,looks like you forgot the alluminium in the paint mix too,maybe you should have blended the bonnet,wing & bumper to be safe

:D

looks cool tho,how much for one,in primer?

Baldy and bromy , will be available soon , in glass and poss carbon !!!!