The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray thoughts and changes

supradibbs

Spoke with Simon aka Baldy who i have tasked with respraying my supra end of Feb/March due to finding some corrosion coming through pretty bad when you consider the car had a full respray oh well!!!!

Whats your thoughts shall i stay the same colour or change to Lambo silver/gunmetal

Also should i loose the trial rear and go for a Top secret rear diffuser and top secret bumper

And will my wheels work with the new colour

Cant wait to have Simon paint my car the guy is a geniusfrom what i hve seen with a spray gun

My car as it stands now

Maybe someone could photoshop the Lambo colour for me

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have a stunning car there mate but I've got to say I do love gunmetal ones. You might need to change the wheels to really suit the look as well. I'm not sure the body changes would look good on gunmetal either, might be an idea to get some photoshops done and see what it looks like.

If you do decide to go for a silver / gunmetal colour their is a really amazing Mercedes colour called liquid metal.

I expect it is seriously expensive though and needs really anal bodywork prep apparently.

Yeah trust me simon is super Anal with his paintwork expect a flawless finish when hes done

ill have a crack at photoshoping it. Have you got a nice high res image?

if you can find a car in the colour you want aswell will help with matching it.

I should be able to shop the defuser and front bumper aswell.

I turned my car from stock to TS front, different skirts, rear wing and aerotop aswell :p

ill have a crack at photoshoping it. Have you got a nice high res image?

if you can find a car in the colour you want aswell will help with matching it.

I should be able to shop the defuser and front bumper aswell.

I turned my car from stock to TS front, different skirts, rear wing and aerotop aswell :p

Sadly there the biggest pics i have

:D

It's a lovely looking car, assuming the corrosion can be repaired, I'd keep it the colour it is. Don't get me wrong, the gunmetal colour is smart but I've always preferred blue.

I must admit, that particular colour of blue on Waynes car is lovely. I like the Lambo blue also.....;)

H.