The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first supra - mod advice wanted

chuck_legend

Hello every1.

I have just bought myself a j-spec supra tt. my first supra.

am looking for alloys and need some advice. am looking to go 9x19 at front and 10x19 at back. how does that sound?

am having trouble finding wheels i like and seem to be very limited in my options for supra and the size i want. can any1 recommend anywhere i can speak to?

Am also think of full custom exhaust but have heard that i should only remove one cat as removing two can coz probs for the turbos, is this the case?

thanks in advance for any help

Jon

Hi Jon,

Firstly, good choice on car ;)

They sound like very do-able sizes for wheels, theres always different opinions on this though, stick sizes are best for mechanical reasons but just dont look very bling :D

Have a look in the traders section on here- Envy Performance, they sorted my wheels and a lot of other people on here too, lots of choice on their website http://www.envyperformace.com

Yeah, double de-catting does cause issues but it's easily rectifiable with an FCD and a restrictor ring. Sounds better and goes faster so go for it :D

Hi and welcome to the Board Jon. You could try http://www.envyperformance.com :p

We carry a number of wheel lines that fit your specification. Racing Hart, SSR, Volk, Blitz, Do-luck to name just a few!

Most Supra owners opt for 9" x 19" Front 10" x 19" Rear OR 9" X 18" Front and 10 x 18" Rear.

At the end of the day its personal choice with wheels so feel free to browse our galleries or check out the pics on the BBS and let us know what styles you like.

HTH

Kevin

hey kev m8, have been looking around your site. its the shiznit

could u give me some prices on the do-luck doubel six chrome, the Volk GT-P 6 Spoke Split Rims and the SSR GP-(1) Decolte Evolution Silver if thats possible, inc tyres.

what do u think would look good on a silver supra from those above and if u think of anyrthing else, i think it def has to be 19's.

what would u say for lowering, was thinking of just springs, prob eibach for now til i can get ££ for adjustable shiznit.

Ok, basically (ish) my understanding is: when you remove the cats it increases the flow to the turbos making them boost much harder (good because you get more power but bad because you'll blow them up eventually) If a supra senses it is overboosting it cuts the power to protect them and FCD (fuel cut defender) sorts this out, but then you are left with the problem of destroying your turbos, a restrictor ring narrows the pipe so stops the overboost. You may also want a boost gauge so you can see what the turbos are hitting and set it up right, and also an electronic boost controller so that you can fine tune it in case there is still overboost or you want it to up it a little but still have control.

They are not too expensive I'd hazard a guess at £50 for the FCD

EBCs are the expensive part...as is the boost gauge

Ahh, all makes sense but at sme time sounds rather complicated:conf:

so basically i need to bet the fcd and ring then get get boost gauge to monitor my boost, how will i know what boost i can go to? obviously if i blow them i have gone too far but that i guess would be an expensive way to find out lol:p

Pleased you like the site Jon. If you give me 2 mins I will PM you with the prices including tyres.

Personaly I like the SSR GP-(1) Decolte Evolutions as thats what I have on my own car. Although I thing the Racing Hart CX also look very good. You basically can't go wrong with five spokes IMHO although as I said B4 its all down to persoanl taste. Unfortunatly the SSR GP-(1) Decolte Evolutions and Do-luck rims only go up to 18" but they still look great!

For lowering springs check out the current group buy I am running on the Espelir springs.

We also have the TRL fuel cut devices and the restricter rings in stock available on next day delivery.

Thanks

Kevin

Originally posted by chuck_legend

hey kev m8, have been looking around your site. its the shiznit

could u give me some prices on the do-luck doubel six chrome, the Volk GT-P 6 Spoke Split Rims and the SSR GP-(1) Decolte Evolution Silver if thats possible, inc tyres.

what do u think would look good on a silver supra from those above and if u think of anyrthing else, i think it def has to be 19's.

what would u say for lowering, was thinking of just springs, prob eibach for now til i can get ££ for adjustable shiznit.

Originally posted by Kevin Huntley

Pleased you like the site Jon. If you give me 2 mins I will PM you with the prices including tyres.

Personaly I like the SSR GP-(1) Decolte Evolutions as thats what I have on my own car. Although I thing the Racing Hart CX also look very good. You basically can't go wrong with five spokes IMHO although as I said B4 its all down to persoanl taste. Unfortunatly the SSR GP-(1) Decolte Evolutions and Do-luck rims only go up to 18" but they still look great!

For lowering springs check out the current group buy I am running on the Espelir springs.

We also have the TRL fuel cut devices and the restricter rings in stock available on next day delivery.

Thanks

Kevin

kev, isnt there an issue that has arisen to wether do luck double sixes will fit straight on the supra without wing modifications?????

lee

Originally posted by Kevin Huntley

Personaly I like the SSR GP-(1) Decolte Evolutions as thats what I have on my own car.

Nooo, don't get them!! :innocent: (Sorry, I have them, trying to sway people to other styles....)

General opinions are around the "Don't go over 1.35bar" boost mark on stock turbos...

Originally posted by chuck_legend

i dunno really, i got a price for those superleggera split rims that r on the 2f2f supra, that was £2200 inc tyres for the sizes i wanted, not bad i thot and i like the wheel

i really dunno if i can get 19's any cheaper than that

if your happy with the price and like the wheel go for it.. nice wheels

there are some seriously tasty wheels here

BTW do you know what brakes you have? There are large and small types of caliper. lots more wheels will fit over the smaller calipers than the larger but also if you have the small calipers at the moment you don't want to spend £2K+ on wheels and then find you can't upgrade your brakes later on because of clearance problems.

FYI The above link shows what wheels will fit over the large brakes of a supra/300zx etc etc, and also Kevin will know the score on the brake front, other wheel places however may or may not.

Originally posted by Scooter

there are some seriously tasty wheels here

BTW do you know what brakes you have? There are large and small types of caliper. lots more wheels will fit over the smaller calipers than the larger but also if you have the small calipers at the moment you don't want to spend £2K+ on wheels and then find you can't upgrade your brakes later on because of clearance problems.

FYI The above link shows what wheels will fit over the large brakes of a supra/300zx etc etc, and also Kevin will know the score on the brake front, other wheel places however may or may not.

Ahh yes, very good point...

yeah welcome aboard mate, i have seen supras popping up all over the north where you from matie

i think me and grazer will be heading up to crail on the 18 april for the jap show if you fancy coming along........gives you some time to decide on your wheels

you got any pics of your new toy