The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM Recaro's Interest??

Scott

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone would be interested in a pair of OEM recaro's? I'm looking to replace mine so was wondering if anyone would be looking to buy them.

They would come without the submounts as i would need them to install the new seats. I think they can be bought for around £200 though, new from traders.

Any offers? They are in pretty good condition, obviously i will get pics up if there is interest. If i get a good enough offer i would just go ahead with it as i have a spare MR2 seat i can throw in there just now until i get my new seats.

Anyone? :search:

I would be willing to place first dibbs if the price was right

It's like being back at school again.

"I bagsy the front seat!"

"You had it last time"

"Well you didn't bagsy it first! Those are rules!"

"Says who?"

"Says everyone stupid!"

"Yeah....well everyone is dumb" [sulk]

Place first dibbs :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get Jurgen to re-cover your originals in real leather? Sure I remember reading he did that for circa £450.

New fake leather Recaros will set you back £600 - looking into getting some myself :)

Yeah i have thought about that. Having a look around i have seen 500-800 quoted for the OEM's as they are 1000 each new.

So, if you take the cost of fake leather recaro's minus the money made from OEM's i think it would be less than a re-trim. Saying that a re-trim would be nice as it would be proper leather etc.

Cheers

It's like being back at school again.

"I bagsy the front seat!"

"You had it last time"

"Well you didn't bagsy it first! Those are rules!"

"Says who?"

"Says everyone stupid!"

"Yeah....well everyone is dumb" [sulk]

Place first dibbs :rolleyes:

At the end of the day i don't have a price in mind though so the highest offer that tempts me is going to win regardless of dibs :)

That would have been a better swap for my plate than cash !

Possibly interested :) depending on price .

Lol never thought about that mate. To be fair, it was just a thought i had tonight. I've been after the seats all year but i just decided to think about getting the finger out tonight ;)

I think i'm going to be looking for offers over 400.

I don't know, that was why I was asking for pictures ;)

I bought my two seats separately, and I think the drivers is not a stock seat, as it has adjusters on both sides, so I assumed the fabric harness guides were on the OEM ones, and the plastic guides were on the aftermarket Recaro Speeds.

I'm not overly fussed, as they are both pretty much identical in every other aspect.

Mike