The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boostlogic auto box with 3800 high stall converter for my set up?

L33

Should be fine and the 3800 stall will be a decent match with that turbo to get you into the meat of the powerband quickly. I run a 3800 stall on my BPU+ car and find it fine to get on with so don't be put off by people claiming it's too high a stall ;)

Remember the coolers for the trans as running a hi stall generates a lot of transmission heat and it's the heat that kills the transmissions. Personally I run 3x trans coolers and also use a lock up switch for those long motorway type runs - both of which prolong the life of the transmission.

Cheers,

Brian.

Should be fine and the 3800 stall will be a decent match with that turbo to get you into the meat of the powerband quickly. I run a 3800 stall on my BPU+ car and find it fine to get on with so don't be put off by people claiming it's too high a stall ;)

Remember the coolers for the trans as running a hi stall generates a lot of transmission heat and it's the heat that kills the transmissions. Personally I run 3x trans coolers and also use a lock up switch for those long motorway type runs - both of which prolong the life of the transmission.

Cheers,

Brian.

cheers for that mate, i do have a cooler wil have to see if i need another, wil talk to the garage!

cheers any way, ive only been told about these boxes a couple days ago so its all a little new to me!

Shifting manually too. Allegedly. :taped:

You broke another one then? :blink:

No just the two :( :blink: If it was me I would seriously consider buying/doing something like Michels done with with a BL box (which just has standard internals!) I.e. have uprated belts and plates as well as increasing the line pressure etc etc. As a BL box is just a rebuilt (well sort off :innocent:) with standard internals, they only seem to replace the parts that seem to be worn out and with my two I just dont think they bothered!

cheers for that mate, i do have a cooler wil have to see if i need another, wil talk to the garage!

cheers any way, ive only been told about these boxes a couple days ago so its all a little new to me!

You WILL need at least one more trans cooler running a hi stall. IMO, but I'm no garage :taped: