The mkiv Supra Owners Club

IT Help - Virtual PC

Nic

I've been trying to load a new .dat file onto the RLTC, I don't have a PC laptop so have been trying to do it using Virtual PC on a Mac Powerbook. I got as far as opening Grahams app loading the .dat file (that Phil kindly sent me) but when I go to transfer I can not get the laptop to communicate with the RLTC.

The laptop is connected via the USB port this is then connected to a USB/Serial adapter to the RLTC serial connection. I can not work out how to set the com1 port in Virtual PC so that it can connect through the powerbook USB port.

Attached is a screen grab of the com port setup but it doesn't give me an option of choosing a USB port, it only gives the option to select modem or serial.

Can anyone out there help?

screen.jpg

You're (physically) trying to connect via the Powerbook's USB port but you've got the software trying to connect though COM1? That's never going to work is it? It says in that screenshot that your USB is disabled, I should think that you need to get that sorted out before you'll have any luck.

*DISCLAIMER : I Don't know anything about Macs*

Sorry I took the screen shot from my desktop, USB is enabled on the laptop.

Grahams software only gives you the option of choosing the connection through com ports 1-4, so I somehow need to configure it so that one of the com ports connects through the serial adapter/USB port.

I'm the opposite I know nothing about PC's so have just been trying to figure out what is going on, something that is stupidly difficult Window!

ps. I'm using Windows XP through Virtual PC

cheers