The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the single route begins:) shes coming back!

L33

my car is being picked up monday to be taken to start work, not sure how soon but wil start def in new year and hopefully back by late jan!!

the spec is as follows:

GT4088 single turbo

2 X Walbro fuel pumps

44mm Tial wastegate

875cc injectors

90mm throttle body

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

Blitz boost controller

Blitz SUS power air filter

Boostlogic turbo oil feed

Custom downpipe

Custom intercooler pipework

3 core intercooler

Custom midpipe

Screamer pipe

Enlarged polished inlet manifold

Full braided fuel hose to either side of the fuel rail

HKS SSQ Blow off valve

Cold spark plugs

MapII ECU

Polished cam covers

Power steering rad

Relocated battery

Relocated fuse box

Relocated header tank

Relocated power steering tank

Samco hoses

Sard speed cut defender

FMIC Titan fuel rail

Toyota resistor pack

Transmission radiator

Turbo timer

Upgraded breather system

Upgraded fuel filter

Relocated slimline battery

Veilside exhaust

XS power manifold

Yellow Blistein shocks

LSD

AEM Wideband O2 gauge

im really excited :) wil only be able to limit the power due to running a auto box, but i am planning on uprating to mayb a boostlogic auto box instead!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow you've been a busy boy collecting bits :D, from your spec i would hesitate in fitting the enlarged inlet manifold and the 90mm throttle body until you have a high stall, i fear after all this anticipation you will find the car dissapointingly laggy, i am looking at a 600hp engine rebuild and would not even consider these two items at that power level, a high stall is really an essential part on an auto single set up, oh and if your keeping the car for a while ditch the Blitz "mesh" they are shockingly bad, calling them a filter is rather generous

Which car is this going into mate, the flippy one? lucky fella! :p

yes mate the flip one :)

yea thanks steve, put a lot of trust in you and your a top bloke! thanks for making this happen! just wish i could sell my hybrids! need to get a boostlogic box! to make every thing safer! been told pushing the standard auto box to 450 wil kill it and i want to try and push a lot more!

wil have my old polished stuff for sale soon patrik if your interested?

I would personally suggest changing the manifold, the turbo and the auto box for a manual when you can.

What boost will you be running?

why change so much? if im planning on a drag auto box thats much better than a manual? with manuals you have to take your foot off to change gear, auto you keep planted the whole time? whats why proper drag cars use auto. not saying i want a drag car but the work for a manual is just not worth it.

not sure what boost yet, when it goes for mapping thats some thing to discuss. my aim is 500 bhp, not sure if i can reach that with out cams but its a start, at least it gets my car back on the road! even if i can get a box sorted yet its future plans! wil just have to go steady! just pleased my hard work ive been doing recently has some thing to show for by being able to afford this!

why change so much? if im planning on a drag auto box thats much better than a manual? with manuals you have to take your foot off to change gear, auto you keep planted the whole time? whats why proper drag cars use auto. not saying i want a drag car but the work for a manual is just not worth it.

not sure what boost yet, when it goes for mapping thats some thing to discuss. my aim is 500 bhp, not sure if i can reach that with out cams but its a start, at least it gets my car back on the road! even if i can get a box sorted yet its future plans! wil just have to go steady! just pleased my hard work ive been doing recently has some thing to show for by being able to afford this!

Auto is not as much fun as a manual. One step at a time though, just get saving for a manual conversion. You will not regret it.

If you cant afford to rebuild the engine, i would not going above 1.4bar.

The GT4088 is a big turbo, pm jamie if you are in a position to change the turbo. He has tried loads of different ones.

Welcome to the single club BTW. I hope you enjoy it as much as most of us have and do. :)

Hows your insurance at 22? And who is it with?

yes mate the flip one :)

yea thanks steve, put a lot of trust in you and your a top bloke! thanks for making this happen! just wish i could sell my hybrids! need to get a boostlogic box! to make every thing safer! been told pushing the standard auto box to 450 wil kill it and i want to try and push a lot more!

wil have my old polished stuff for sale soon patrik if your interested?

Which bits do you have to sell? Do you have any BPU parts?

Auto is not as much fun as a manual. One step at a time though, just get saving for a manual conversion. You will not regret it.

horses for courses mate, yes a manual will be slightly quicker on the twistys but from a standing start a built auto with a high stall will own a manual with the same power every time :p

horses for courses mate, yes a manual will be slightly quicker on the twistys but from a standing start a built auto with a high stall will own a manual with the same power every time :p

What your saying is true but I personally belive that a manual is a LOT more fun. Thats whats more important.

If you need to go faster than an auto, run more boost :eyebrows: (perfect example was suprapod)

What your saying is true but I personally belive that a manual is a LOT more fun. Thats whats more important.

If you need to go faster than an auto, run more boost :eyebrows: (perfect example was suprapod)

but its very expensive for not much gains. have to buy the box, flywheel, the drive shafts i believe are different, different ecu, the dials will need to be changed so different wiring, big hastle!

but its very expensive for not much gains. have to buy the box, flywheel, the drive shafts i believe are different, different ecu, the dials will need to be changed so different wiring, big hastle!

Its just something to consider for the future.

What ECU are you going to be running for the single?