The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spurious buyers when selling stuff on here

jevansio

Just wondered if anyone else gets this when selling stuff on here. I will often get a couple of messages from members from abroad with 0 posts asking about shipping to foreign countries. Take for instance my seats and a query about shipping to the USA!

Is it just me being paranoid or are these scammers?

If they pay the cash up front wheres the worries :)

Because you read stories like Nicholas where PP block the money from both parties and it turns out right messy, when i sell to people I either a) like them to be well known on here or b) be vouched by someone who I know/trust. There's too many scammers around these days, & it's too easy for buyers to block money once the good have been sent.

Because you read stories like Nicholas where PP block the money from both parties and it turns out right messy, when i sell to people I either a) like them to be well known on here or b) be vouched by someone who I know/trust. There's too many scammers around these days, & it's too easy for buyers to block money once the good have been sent.

Also beware that if they pay by paypal and their address is not verified (and you can not prove receipt... note receipt not postage) then they can complain and paypal automatically deduct the money from your account. It is a very common fraud.

If they are foreign and you dont trust them then make them use a bank wire transfer.... once it is in, its in

This is a message I received highlighting some of the stuff I get, do I just attract loons?:

can you send over a euro headlight adjustable switch?

do you have your seats available? im from california. shipping xxxxx. how much did you want for the seats in us dollars?

Sorry mate, these are for collection only, def wouldn't post to US,

Best

Jay

Posting to the US may be pricy but at least you can add a bit to the exchange rate also and a make a little extra.

At the end of the day, if they are willing to pay the price for posting then fair enough.

I have bought and sold stuff from/to various parts of the world and as long as common sense rules your head then there shouldn't be any problem.

I would stay away from Paypal. Wire transfer or cheque is the best.

Giving out your banking details is very low risk and scammers would find it difficult to deduct funds from your account knowing just your name, sort code and account number.

Posting to the US may be pricy but at least you can add a bit to the exchange rate also and a make a little extra.

At the end of the day, if they are willing to pay the price for posting then fair enough.

I have bought and sold stuff from/to various parts of the world and as long as common sense rules your head then there shouldn't be any problem.

I would stay away from Paypal. Wire transfer or cheque is the best.

Giving out your banking details is very low risk and scammers would find it difficult to deduct funds from your account knowing just your name, sort code and account number.

They managed to do it to Clarkson :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7174760.stm