The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are the prices going up?

chunk

There are very few Supras out there in the UK now that command the 20K price tags you used to see 2 years ago, but I think that the very well looked after stock facelift TT6's will hold value going forward as will the very lavish singles with their £1000's in reciepts from good tuners/builders

Finding a buyer is the challenge !

With the Yen- Sterling index it will stop importers driving prices down further as a 1993 £6000 TT auto last year will now cost them £9000.

Facelifts will probably hold, 6spds will slow but autos will continue to devalue imo as they slip into the bracket populated by the blinkered who would dismiss them for being an auto.

Cars are so cheap now and will continue to fall in price. I was right last time and will be again.

I wouldnt give anymore than £6k for a jdm TT6 in vgc with less than 80k miles on and im sure i could get one quite easily.

The new year will more than likely see more job losses causing the chain reaction again and cars getting to silly money.

I will worry when we see a £200k dream car for sale at 20 - 30k and only the lucky will be able to buy as alot of people will be in money troubles.

An ultra low mileage fresh import, in totally stock condition, or with very subtle, well documented engine modifications, is probably the most desirable, price wise, but even those few that get imported will reflect the general market trends of gas guzzling, elderly toys. The whole car and property market is in recession, it's not something Supra specific ;) The UK have lived on credit and bluster for ages, the US economy is bankrupt, the demand for anything mid to low range semi exotic is dead. There will always be the market place for new exotica, for those fortunate enough for a recession to be irrelevant or welcome, but the rest of us suffer in the mid term.