The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo piping?

dayosupra

Anyone have pictures of how there piping is done on there single??

Theres normaly 2 ways,either go the stock root,or go down by the block near the steering rack its very tight this way but i want my piping as short as possable!:D

Im running a Greddy T88 34d

make that 3 ways then, mine goes through a hole i cut behind the headlight, i looked at the stock route which made everything longer and was far more complex, the down the engine route i found had the pipe coming out dead level with the IC so would require a tight right angle bend or sweeping the pipe out through where the stock IC was, again i didn't like this, the method i used kept the bends and length to a minimum, i did post up some pics but i am boogered if i can find them, i will repost them tonight when i get home

these are all from my car pre colour change, the ones with the red edging were all rough drafts, the head on pic shows how direct the piping is (and also shows the removable tow eye i added for use with the bomex :D) the lagging is to keep the heat off from the two tranny coolers, if your bothered about keeping the piping as short as possible for lag considerations i dont think it would have much effect on a T61, on a T88 the intercooler piping is going to be the least of your worrys

front 016.jpg

front 028.jpg

front 023.jpg

turbo 025.jpg