The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake calipers

pedrosixfour

Good people of the world, i recently stumbled onto a website, http://www.brakepartssuperstore.org.uk, where brake calipers for both n/a and turbo supras can be bought for pretty good prices. What I'd like to know is has anyone bought any of these parts, are they as described, are they new or reconditioned units or simply just a cheap knock-off designed to see you into a stout tree? :blink: Many thanks for your valuable time.

Im not sure if they are genuine as i looked at the celica Gt4 as the 205 version uses similar brakes to the UK Supras and they have a raised "celica" on the calipers and none of these do.

I could be wrong though as they may just be refurbished.

Even still. Very cheap indeed.

What im thinking is this, the supra logo is under the sticker cos if ya hold your head at a certain angle and skwint fiercely the sticker seems to follow the outline of where the logo should be, if ya get me meanin. I know that counts for diddely but it makes me feel better about partin wit money.

What im thinking is this, the supra logo is under the sticker cos if ya hold your head at a certain angle and skwint fiercely the sticker seems to follow the outline of where the logo should be, if ya get me meanin. I know that counts for diddely but it makes me feel better about partin wit money.

but why only 2 x pistons ?

That is cheap, but why does the picture of the 4 piston calipers only show 2 x pistons ?:search:. They do look like UK spec 4 piston calipers but why only 2 pistons ?

There is a pair of pistons working on either side of the disk, so you can only see 1 pair when looking at a picture. But i cud be wrong.

(Never claim to be an expert lest ye be blamed when it all goes tits up:sly:)