The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra + not seeing seeing a speed hump =

adnanshah247

what can i say, icey roads, dark, no street lighting didnt at all see a speed hump until bang x 3 . all the mechanical stuff survived but the body took a pounding. i dont think i was doing any more than 20mph but it was a newly put down hump, one of those big brickey type ones. front bumper split and literally tore off, left side, side skert took a small knock but filler fixed that hardly noticeable and the rear bumper took a hit as well cracking the entire left side. front wings were joined to the bumper so a lot of fibre class cracked on the wings but luckily no dents! have been busy over the weekend repairing the damage but looks like i have a long way to go! seriously dont have the time at all and its freezing out there!!! :(

its been said time and time again, guys & gals be careful out there.

DSC05105.JPG

DSC05108.JPG

DSC05104.JPG

DSC05102.JPG

DSC05097.JPG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make sure you look into making a claim from the council.

Some of these so called speed bumps are illegally high. And often no proper planning and design has been put into them.

So I would take those photos and look into some legal advice.

make sure you look into making a claim from the council.

Some of these so called speed bumps are illegally high.

Thats my thoughts too... We've had quite a few removed around here due to them being illegally high... some of which I'd completely failed to get the last supra over and caused some minor damage to the front bumper :(

Thats my thoughts too... We've had quite a few removed around here due to them being illegally high... some of which I'd completely failed to get the last supra over and caused some minor damage to the front bumper :(

Homer Aji im already on to that. speed humps are not to bad around my area but this one was really really high. the stress and damaged caused by all this, theres no way im going to sit back quietly.

Were there any signs warning of the speed bumps?

Nope nothing. The hump was put up in the last 3-4 days. its a road that i go down quite often as its local. all of a sudden a speed hump out of nowhere. thats why when i got out of the car i was like where the hell did that come from, i freaked out because i thought i ran someone over!

Nope nothing. The hump was put up in the last 3-4 days. its a road that i go down quite often as its local. all of a sudden a speed hump out of nowhere. thats why when i got out of the car i was like where the hell did that come from, i freaked out because i thought i ran someone over!

That's dangerous, surely they legally have to have a road sign to warn of the speed bump. I would make a complaint and claim for the damage.

*Points in the direction of a local solicitor to sue Council and suggests adnanshah take photos of location without signs or street lights before issues are rectified.

I would also get the suspension and wheels/tyres/wheel bearings checked for damage, if you hit it that hard it could quite easily have bent something or cracked/buckled a rim. If you are making a claim, I'd take it to a garage and get them to thoroughly check everything out underneath and claim for that also. Also get the tyres rebalanced as they'll probably need doing.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

already have the photos mate. council going to get it hard.

that was the 1st thing i checked. suspension is solid and wheels/tyrez all survived. luckily none of the mechanical stuff was hit.the bumper caved in and bent one of the mounts on the FMIC but a few pulls and that was straightened out.