The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Honey, I kerbed the alloy........Again!!

Havard

Does any one know of any good alloy refurbers in the North West??

Took the car out tonight for the first time in weeks and immediately kerbed on of the front alloys whilst trying to let my neighbour into our street!!:(

I knew it was going to be tight by my optimism got the better of me as I swung the car round. To say I'm gutted is a mild understatement...!! It's the same alloy that I kerbed on the pancake run a while ago....FFS!!

So does anyone know a good place that isn't silly expensive. The guy who did my original refurb has packed in his business!!

H.

Just get some 2nd hand wheels that are already curbed - that way, when you add your own special touches, it doesn't matter 'cause they were already fooked :)

I've lost count of the number of times I've done mine - the Supe is a tad wider than my old Astra it seems! Mind you, I did once curb the Astra at 60...

I was quoted £100 per wheel for my 5 spokes when I looked into it, so fingers crossed you'll find someone cheaper!

At least its the same one Paul ! You can get it done at wheel quick in Pem or Pemberton Tyres do it as well;)

Don't let it get to you mate, I bet the worst thing was having to tell Vicky :innocent:

I didn't say a word.....he gave me some cock and bull story about having to swerve to let one of the neighbours past and the windows being steamed up cause the heater wasn't working:D

I'm just keeping score:d

Vicki x

Guest Killer Heels

There is a place near us that did my alloy when it was cracked.

Ask Mike they did his Dad's and i am sure they are fine (they are split rims)

Sorry to hear about this - at least you were not in convoy this time

K x

Right then, had a look in the daylight this morning and the damage isn't as bad as it felt in the dark. In the summer I may have a go at this myself.

I just needs a light sanding, painting and laquering. Hopefully I can match the paint in the meantime and just blend it in. If I make a balls of it then it's off for a proper refurb....:rolleyes:

H.