The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So what if it's not TT

steady_dave

Ahoy there, and straight away I apologise for this post as I think it's going to be a rant.

I've joined this forum because I love Supra's and i'm not the most clued up on engine's and mechanics, I want to be and hopefully one day I will be but at the moment i'm not.

It seems from looking around that, although a lot of people have been really helpful when i've had questions, there seems to be an under-achiever view to peoplewith an NA instead of a TT.

I bought an NA becuase:

1. It's my first RWD car and I want to get used to handling one.

2. Don't think I could afford to keep a TT (or insure one realistically as i'm 21)

3. I love this car and seeing as it's a lot faster than my old car I have no problems with it's speed.

There's so much talk about "What's the point in an NA" or "Ah you should have bought a TT for that money" and so on.

I love my NA and am looking forward to working on it.

Any other proud NA owners on here?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a proud NA owner. Went out in mine tonight for the first time in a few weeks...:blink:

Even though it is not show stoppingly quick, it handles like it's on rails. I have been shopping for a TT recently but after driving the NA tonight, I might not bother in the short term!!

I do plan to have a more powerful car at some point but I am beginning to wonder if the extra power is worth the extra money. I recently drove a Lambo, R8, 911 and Aston Vantage and to be honest, none of them really made me feel frightened of them. They were quick but on public roads I doubt you'll ever get to use 50% of their potential.

As far as NA bashing is concerned, I wouldn't worry about it. We can all have our moments when the expensive turbo failure threads pop up......:D

H.

Ignore what people say. There's nothing wrong with having an NA until you can afford to buy a proper Supra.

:run:

lol, haha (should have seen that one coming, lol)

wasn't an "I HATE YOU ALL" rant as everyone on here has been extremely helpful when i've asked for help.

Think i'm just in a bad mood because i'm stuck at work on a friday night!

Im proud at 23 to have one as my first rwd car. Everyone thats see`s it see`s it as it is a supra and everybody loves them tt or na. The tt owners should help out a little more even though some are just joking i mean what would be more amazing a tt beating a tt or an n\a beating a tt, maybe 1 day hey lol

Imo theres more to owning a supra than it having a turbo or not, I own an NA same as yourself, and while Im sure the extra power would be fun to have, Im more than happy to own and drive around in an NA. still fast, still reliable, and still a cool car what ever way you look it it!

I guess if you have bought a Supra for its turbo rather than its looks then your a bit to much into your "street cred". Either that or you are looking to compensate for something else! ;)

I love my NA and am looking forward to working on it.

Any other proud NA owners on here?

Yep and was a proud TT owner in days gone by too!

Currently in a manual facelift car like yours, it does everything a TT manual will do bar the acceleration of course, mine is even limited these days...........Money no object i'd have a TT manual facelift but i'd rather stick where i am than go through the hassle and expense of changing cars for an older auto tt. Thats just me and my circumstances/current preference.

I have to agree the ribbing received is sometimes over the top, it becomes a bandwagon that everyones jumps on, even the non supra owning element of the members.

Nice to hear you are keen to get your hands dirty and if you need a hand or any advice regarding working on the car let me know as I might be able to help.

I am a big fan of stock looking Supras however no matter what the power plant

Thats a good point... I'd rather have a stock bodied NA than a tacky "kitted out" TT. They all look the same and as others have said it's just the acceleration the NA doesn't have. Great daily drivers though and a darn sight more reliable than most modern cars, so much so I'm thinking about getting rid of the mondeo and using the supra as the daily car!

So does a row of stock NA's lol

I can see what your saying but at least with aftermarket wheels and kits they can be a little different, you cant tell me Jamie P's old car or Chingys car etc dont look cool :p

Ask JamieP again !!

Stock is the new cool, its whats under the skin that counts but there is no need to shout about it :innocent: