The mkiv Supra Owners Club

spacers

supraspeed

Spacers are a bad idea period.

They screw up the hubs and you have to replace them, which will cost a similar amount of money to getting wheels that fit properly in the first place!

Im going to go against this. I( dont disagree they will screw your handling) however screw your hubs and bearings im beginning to disagree with.

I have to run I think its 30mm spacers on back (must measure them actually) The car has been used close to 3 years as a daily driver and not one problem at all and I do check them because of what i have read on here.

Although I agree on a standard supra you should probably make the effort to get good fitting wheels. Mine were going to cost around £2500 and thats when the Yen was at 190!!

I had 3 (or 5?) mm spacers on the front of mine to fit my wheels over UK brakes, hated them with a passion. Had to put longer studs and ugly wheel nuts on to compensate and got a wobble through the steering wheel too - basically it destroyed my confidence in the handling.

Given the same situation again, I'd buy wheels that fit 100% right, even if it meant waiting a lot longer for them.

I had 3 (or 5?) mm spacers on the front of mine to fit my wheels over UK brakes, hated them with a passion. Had to put longer studs and ugly wheel nuts on to compensate and got a wobble through the steering wheel too - basically it destroyed my confidence in the handling.

Given the same situation again, I'd buy wheels that fit 100% right, even if it meant waiting a lot longer for them.

Sensible man speaks truth :)

...if you must use spacers keep them to 5mm
I'd disagree with that. 5mm spacers are not hubcentric, and I wouldn't be confident that the chamfer would let the wheel sit on the spigot.

See what I mean?

Grind a bit off the caliper.
Eeek! Edited by garethr (see edit history)