The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Rebuild

Guest sampson

Guest sampson
Sorry but that car is fooked - it's hit a lamp post/tree head on and things will be very bent under there.

it isnt bad there is nothing there that carnt be sorted otherwise i wouldnt have bought it. ive seen plenty of cars down at the bodyshop alot worse and we have made them look mint. you wouldnt be able to tell that its been jiged or anything.

it isnt bad there is nothing there that carnt be sorted otherwise i wouldnt have bought it. ive seen plenty of cars down at the bodyshop alot worse and we have made them look mint. you wouldnt be able to tell that its been jiged or anything.

Actually you would if you know what you're looking at fella but don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying don't do it I'm just saying it might prove expensive.

Time and time again I see people getting into financial trouble because of these cars. Supras are not cheap cars lol and they never will be. Good luck with it :)

Guest sampson

Im not in no mad rush to finish it anyway. its something I want to have done for the summer. dont think theres any point in respraying it while the weather is crap.

i agree with some others think this is a bit of a mistake, repairing pannels and making a car look ok is only the start, could of bent and buckled parts not visable and could effect the driveability and the potentially weak parts that may of had some serious stress through the accident. its a n/a and you could of picked a complete one up for like a grand or 2 extra?! would of been a lot less work and ok might be a little more money then what you have paid but at least you have the piece of mind it hasnt been trashed before and a possible death trap? the car itself could be twisted which wil result in future problems?

fair play if you want to take it on your self or get some one else to do it but are they going to be that keen doing so much work for no money?

also that front on pic looks like the left wheel is at a different angle to the other? buying all these parts is going to cost a fortune, even simple things like head lights aint cheap!

looks like every thing has been pushed onto the engine block too? is the pullys damaged? have they pushed into the block for possible internal damage?