The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with Outlook

Smellywelshman

Hallo everybody!

I've just got me a new laptop (after dropping mine on a concrete floor!) and installed Office *cough*copy*cough*.

Decided that I'd be all buisness like and sort out Outlook Express to access my Yahoo account. Well all was going swimmingly, I entered my account details including password and off I went.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut....

According to Outlook, Yahoo wont accept the login details. I've checked and double checked them, and they're correct. Has anyone had this problem before? Can anyone help?

Rob...

You need to set up the POP forwarding etc.

If you go to Yahoo through your browser, and then select 'Options', it should then only be a few clicks to find your POP/SMTP email settings, which you'll have to enter into Outlook.

Make sure your passwords are correctly duplicated too. :)

Go to Options > Mail Options > POP & Forwarding > select Web & POP Access then click on POP Settings and enter your details.

For example;

In order to read your Yahoo! Mail an external email client (such as Eudora, Outlook, Netscape, etc.), you will need to configure the Incoming (POP) and Outgoing (SMTP) server settings so that it can send and receive messages from your Yahoo! Mail account. Generally, you can find these settings under the Tools or Preferences menus for your particular email program.

Important: Do not delete your incoming mail settings

If you are already receiving mail from another mail server (such as incoming mail to your address at your ISP), you will need to add a new POP account. Sometimes this is called a new "profile," sometimes a new "personality," depending on your email client. If your email client only allows you to receive mail from one POP server at a time, make sure you write down your current settings before you replace them with Yahoo! Mail settings so that you can change them back if you need to. Below you will find the server settings for accessing your Yahoo! Mail.

Server Settings

Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Use SSL, port: 995

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

Account Name/Username: @yahoo.co.uk

Email address: @yahoo.co.uk

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

We've given directions below for configuring POP access to Yahoo! Mail for selected email clients. Your client may not be on this list, and server settings vary from client to client. Remember, even after you configure your mail client to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages, you can always log in to your Yahoo! Mail account to send and receive as well.

Hope that helps :)