The mkiv Supra Owners Club

intercooler fitted cheap as chips!

tony tt

Hey folks i got a front mounted intercooler off ebay and was getting some wild quotes off people for fitting it one place wanted wanted £550 yeah right! I found a man just outside hemel hempstead that will fit it for £160 thats his days labour happy days seems like a really genuine chap he does a lot of work for the mr2 club and knows his stuff. I have his name and number if anyone is intertested in gettin theres done at a quality credit crunch price :D ps will i get into bother for mentioning a garage thats not really for supras?

i was gettin quotes from 350 to 550 and even at that they were saying it could be more it was the cheapest quote i could find anyway. the ebay fmic's apparently are tricky to fit sometimes so ive been told so i dont mind paying the 160 if it gets the thing on.

he said that the connectors from ebay items arent the best but he has a fabricators across from him that can make stronger joints if needed as you say good luck to him ha

£160 isn't so bad for an ebay FMIC install, he's probably just covering himself if any fabrication work or other problems show up (which is likely with many of the cheap FMIC's like XS power)

Last time I fitted a Greddy FMIC it took about 2.5 hours and that was with one with no fitting issues, so at £40 an hour and some expected issues £160 is probably about right.

hes behind the truck stop paul just off junction 9 on the M1. his garage is beside a haulage firm just up a single track thats parallel with the truck stop bud.

I drive past that every day to work, it's on the A5. Not heard of a garage there though, you say he does alot of MR2 work?

I'd be interested in what other sort of work he can do on the Supra as he is well handy for me. I guess he has a good reputation with the MR2 crowd?